Fallkniven DC3 and DC4

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
You don't neccearily need to buy them anyway. A bit of emery paper on a mouse mat will let you sharpen a convex bevel to ridiculously sharp with little effort. And the beauty is that it weighs almost nothing. Search for "Hoodoo hone".

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Take the DC4 and one point of attention: check if the diamond plate is well glued to the stone plate. Mine was not so well glued and I had to glue them together with epoxy.

stickbow

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2006
Northampton England
HI Scrimmy
Don't use the Falkniven stone to sharpen the f1, they are fantastic for knives with a V grind in other words flat sides and I use one all the time for my knives, except my Kukri's and the F1 for those I use a peice of wood about 2" wide and an old mouse mat glued to it (rubber side up) on this I put various grades of wet and dry from 240 grit up to 2000 grit.
Then lay the F1 on it at about 15-20 degrees and work away from the sharp edge, after this you can get a really sharp edge that holds up very well, you can also use a butchers steel on the edge. Also check out www.toraforums.com and do a search for sharpening, there are several threads and some good advice Kukri's and F1 have the same convex edge.

"Have fun shoot a stick"

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Take the DC4 and one point of attention: check if the diamond plate is well glued to the stone plate. Mine was not so well glued and I had to glue them together with epoxy.

I had same problem with mine, the two plates started to part within about two months.Was offerd a replacement without any problems but stuck it with epoxy and have had no problems since, well happy with it though gives a great edge.

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Is this problem more prevalent with the newer gold-coloured ones? - My old (silver) one is showing no signs of coming apart

Mine was gold, the original glue used seemed very rubbery if thats the right word, you could move the diamond plate on the ceramic one and the two seperated with ease, easily rectified but something which should not have occured.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
The diamond part is on sale seperatley so maybe it is meant to be that way for if the diamond stone eventually wears out. can't see that happening for a long time mind, but I suppose it could do eventually.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
You don't neccearily need to buy them anyway. A bit of emery paper on a mouse mat will let you sharpen a convex bevel to ridiculously sharp with little effort. And the beauty is that it weighs almost nothing. Search for "Hoodoo hone".

What he said !!:You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE