Faithful Stick Chopper... £6.97 delivered

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have an old fashioned proper forged kindling knife. Brilliant things - really useful if you have a stove.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Good heads up.....alas I have the woodsmans Pal.....a true multi tasker....
y4azaqyb.jpg

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
4.64" blade is a little small I reckon. If it was 6 or 7" long I'd definitely get one.

Might be useful in the kitchen though?

SteveW

Forager
Dec 10, 2006
Launceston,Cornwall
"Fitted with a comfortable wooden handle this Kindling Axe features a long straight 180mm forged steel blade which is great for splitting small logs, thin timber or planks."

That makes the blade a fraction over 7" plus the handle.

4.64" blade is a little small I reckon. If it was 6 or 7" long I'd definitely get one.

Might be useful in the kitchen though?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
"Fitted with a comfortable wooden handle this Kindling Axe features a long straight 180mm forged steel blade which is great for splitting small logs, thin timber or planks."

That makes the blade a fraction over 7" plus the handle.

Doh! I typed 118mm into my iphone app :rolleyes:

I think I'll order one.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I have a few old fashioned ones and some cleaver type with a hole in the top of the blade so as to hang it up.
I like older tools as they seem to have mojo.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I have a few old fashioned ones and some cleaver type with a hole in the top of the blade so as to hang it up.

I've got one of the otherwise excellent Wilkinson billhooks with a hole in the blade. Used to use it for commercial walking stick cutting (Midhurst chestnut coppice supplies the NHS with its' sticks). The one annoying thing was the hole. You'd be trimming the dead frith round a stool and a tough little chestnut branch would go through the hole and break your stride.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE