FA Courses cheap and in midlands?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
We are looking for a First Aid course for my son, needs to be an outdoors relevant 16hr course so something like REC2 or equivalent as will want to use with NGB such as MLT in the future. As well as having just finished DofE Gold and become a DofE leader.

The catch is that Chris does not drive and as he is an 18 year old college student money is tight. He can possibly manage mid week depending on dates or weekends if work permits :(

So anyone got any suggestions, StJ are pretty expensive, Red Cross quote even more! Ironically it looks like Ski Patrol in Hemel might be an option at least accessible by train from MIlton Keynes.

Hi Peter,

I did a wilderness first aid course with High Peak three years ago, and it was head and shoulders above any other course I've ever done. They're based in the Peak District (not sure where MK is I'm afraid...) and I know that they run a DofE specific course. They're pretty competitively priced as well, if memory serves.

Hope this helps!

Rich

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
We're running a FAC at the Moot, 2 days, prior to the workshop days. Wayne from Forest Knights will be running it

Thanks Tony, hope that will help others. Chris has been offered a place on REC2 Wilderness with Herts Scouts in a few weeks so he is sorted but thanks for the suggestions folks, grateful.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE