F1 Fallkniven

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
For those with a plain steel blade how does the Fallkniven logo look after a few years of use and sharpening?

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
If you mean the old unlaminated one, I can't say. This is for the reason that I passed up a chance of buying one (completely affordably) about eight years ago and have regretted it ever since.

You got a pic?

Last edited:

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I have a laminated version that a previous owner has stropped a LOT and the logo is most definitely faded and quite hard to see.
Still cuts just great and I'm absolutely not a logo person so it's not an issue to me.
To be fair, I also have one of their F1 blade blanks that I bought on here yonks ago. They're a fulltang design and I have a few nice scales that I really keep meaning to put on, never seem to have the time though and I've got to say that the totally utilitarian normal F1 handle might not appeal to some herbacious bordercrafters but I really rate it.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Ah ... got the wrong end of the stick. This help? The logo looks washed out on all the fixed blade Fallkies I have ... there's just some ink in the engraving/etching.

F1-Micarta.jpg

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Yes

But, the 420J steel used to make the laminate is very soft. It could erode, depending on a persons convexing technique or liking for a polished finish

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Any chance of a pic chum?
Sorry for the delay but yeah sure.
As you can see this one is faded to the point where it's only visible from certain angles.
Also you might notice that the oval round the writing has changed slightly and on the fultang design the oval has little points to each side.
There's plenty pictures about on the net that show this difference on other knives so I'm fine with that.
20211031-203029.jpg

20211031-202946.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE