Exotac Titanlight.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Does anyone have a Exotac Titanlight??

I'm giving up on Zippo's ( Sorry Zippo - I like your history and varying designs and even your gas module update was an attempt to drag yourself into efficiency buy ultimately a failure....)

Last edited:

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
My friend have it and I had a chance to play with it. Apparently they solved the main issue with fuel evaporating but otherwise it's bulky, expensive and doesn't hold fuel where it should be. You need to wait a moment for the excess to evaporate before lighting it. Also putting the right amount of fuel is a skill according to internet reviews. It works, but it's not very efficient or convenient.

All in all I think it's still a decent take on the petrol lighter, but the whole idea of petrol firestarter is fundamentally flawed.

Reactions: TeeDee

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
I had one for a while, despite the huge tank, anything more than one small squirt of fuel will force itself up the wick and cause a fireball on ignition, negating its usefulness, a small cheap chinese peanut lighter holds more fuel without this issue. Another thing is if you were to leave it lit, like a candle, the heat from the flame travels very well through the aluminium body, making it too hot to hold and vapourising the fuel faster, again enveloping the entire head of the lighter in flame. I really wanted to like it, but couldn't justify the cost in relation to the amount of fuel it could hold and safety of the design.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I had one for a while, despite the huge tank, anything more than one small squirt of fuel will force itself up the wick and cause a fireball on ignition, negating its usefulness, a small cheap chinese peanut lighter holds more fuel without this issue. Another thing is if you were to leave it lit, like a candle, the heat from the flame travels very well through the aluminium body, making it too hot to hold and vapourising the fuel faster, again enveloping the entire head of the lighter in flame. I really wanted to like it, but couldn't justify the cost in relation to the amount of fuel it could hold and safety of the design.

I agree the cost is HIGH - seems its not justified.

Back to the drawing board.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE