eVent waterproof jackets?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
Morning Bushcrafters,

I'm looking to get a dedicated waterproof jacket (rather than one with insulation included) and eVent seems to be a great option given its improved breathability over any of the Gore Tex laminates.

However, I've seen that eVent seems to be in lots of jackets that are now discontinued or preowned, rather than recent releases - anyone know why? Is it actually a bit rubbish?

Hugh

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I'd wondered about this myself ... about the time I started looking seriously at Paramo

There is a longish but inconclusive article on Backpackinglight. Theme seems to be GoreTex cuckooed eVent out of the market ... but said nicer

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
I'd wondered about this myself ... about the time I started looking seriously at Paramo

There is a longish but inconclusive article on Backpackinglight. Theme seems to be GoreTex cuckooed eVent out of the market ... but said nicer

Interesting! Do you perchance have a link to that article? I've searched, but (maybe part of the brand's problem) is that 'event' is quite a used word and you can't seem to specify the text format to narrow it down to the actually relevant eVent term!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE