eucalyptus trees???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i've got a nice specimine in my tiny garden, i take the tops off it every once in a while, but it's just getting too big. i reckon the whole thing'll have to come out.

so can anyone tell me anything about eucalyptus wood? are there any specific uses for it? it seems to be quite resinous, (works great for lighting the bar-be') anything i shouldn'tuse it for?

cheers, and.

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
We have one in our garden. I don't know any real use for it. I powdered up some of the dead leaves to see if they'd make a good tinder because of the oil. Nope, not a sausage. Sorry

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
If you take a handful of the leaves and rub them on your clothes they keep the mossies away. I've heard it works with Elder leaves too, but I haven't tried that one yet.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
If you get a tree surgeon to take it down, for heaven's sake dont keep large quatities of it with the intention of burning it. Burning eucalyptus on its own produces large quantities of dense, stinking smoke- it isnt at all nice! I work as a tree surgeon and every time we take one down everyone dreads taking the logwood back to the yard and burning it on the fire!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE