Essex/ London area does any one want to meet up and plan a few meets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gavmar

Life Member
Jan 24, 2010
Dagenham Essex
Hi
I was wondering if any one from the London/Essex area would like to meet up for week end camps. Epping forest would be a good start there's a campsite right on the edge of the forest.
What do you think.

Gav.

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2009
england
not really interested in a meet tbh (lone ranger)

but
thorndon country park in brentwood is beautiful, well maintained and massive
they allow bbq's, they have marked area where you can bbq
not sure about staying there overnight, you could always email brentwood council and see if they will allow you to have a meet, try and explain what bushcraft is (try and get about living with nature, looking after it etc etc into it) a leave no footprint style meet and possibly offer a days volunteer work as a gesture of goodwill ( stay friday evening and saturday and volunteer sunday) most country parks appreciate a hand

just a thought

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Could be up for this. Be ideal for the missus and baby girl to camp at for a trial run before bushmoot! SWMBO been banging on about Epping forest for years.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Just checked out the Debden house site. Well up for it now, the missus and babe will be well amused with the animals and deer!

vinnyp68

Jun 14, 2009
Rainham
hi, I would be up for a meet up Essex way. Debden house does not open until May 1st and to be honest its not that great, I have been there a lot and it can be a nightmare with ****** up younguns playing loud music and driving about till late. All around the outside of the camping area 20m into the forest is used as an open toilet, you would not want kids playing there. You can have fires which is the best thing about it.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
id be up for this too, debdens ok, a nice campsite, if theres a few going all bring fuel for the fire, i think you can collect firewood from the forest as long as its wrist or less thick, not sure if that rule still applies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE