Erythema migrans! sign of Lyme Disease

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Thanks mate.

Just heard the blood test result is negative, which apparently doesn't mean I haven't got it! The EM rash is the clear indicator............

'Testing is not generally considered to be necessary for people with erythema migrans and a history of a tick bite or possible exposure to ticks, as this presentation is sufficient to make a clinical diagnosis of Lyme disease'.

One more week to go on the Doxycycline!

I really feel for you mate, as i have been down this road, i was very lucky that my GP, was very interested, and that i had a perfect bullseye on my thigh when examined, i can honestly say it made me feel awful! I felt like an old worn out creaky man, weak as a kitten aching hips and knees, faint sick and allsorts, i was also on those antibiotics for 6 weeks, and had 3 blood tests, anyway the upshot was a phone call, several weeks later to say negative, that was over a year ago.

But i can't say at times when i am feeling rotten, that it does not cross my mind that it's come back, thats probably paranoia, getting old, too much beer and too many fags.

Good luck sir.

Ivan...

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.
I was hospitalised with mine and had some organ issues as a result. I had every blood test there is but the one I needed was taken 6 weeks after the onset of symptoms. This test would show the required anti-bodies in the blood confirming Lyme.

If I had access to a handgun at the time, I would genuinely have eaten a bullet to stop the pain.

I hope you've escaped the worst.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Thanks for the thoughts folks. I've been a very, very lucky boy and I think that's down to the fact that I developed the EM rash and I recognised it.

Just a note for anyone interested, the mark that I intially spotted (where I thought I'd caught myself on branch) was red, like the EM in the photo, probably around 50mm accross and not broken (no ring), there was also no sign of a bite.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
I hope that your feeling better soon. I never thought tick bites were so bad, or it was very rare for it develop as such.
I really do learn something new everyday, on here.
Thanks for posting this.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Cheers Dave & Ammo, fingers crossed, think I've been one of the lucky ones, perhaps speed is of the essence.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE