Error 503..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
[h=1]I've been getting the following error message..

Error 503 Backend fetch failed[/h] Backend fetch failed

[h=3]Guru Meditation:[/h] XID: 78872602

Varnish cache server

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Same thing here I first noticed it at around 03:30 GMT Saturday. Sometimes I get a 503 and other times the page never loads. Curious.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Last night my phone wouldn't connect to the sight at all. Thought the site may be down?

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Last night my phone wouldn't connect to the sight at all. Thought the site may be down?

I wasn't able to connect to the site on my PC at about 2am either.

One thing this problem does show is there were a load of bushcrafters wide awake in the small wee hours wanting their fix of BcUK :rolleyes::lmao:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I've reported it to Tony to see if there was a general problem. Hopefully a one off glitch. We need out BCUK fix afterall. :D

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I've only seen the "guru meditation" thing when Virtualbox gets in a mess with one of its virtual machines.

I don't know why Tony's service provider would need to give him his service from a virtual machine but I can imagine that it could offer the hosted sites better security from each other, especially if some of them use some of the more flaky content management systems.

If the provider is on the ball the fix should be simple and quick.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Sorry guys, it was us working on the server that did it, that and we pulled down a complete unscheduled backup which although not huge is large. So there's no issues just us beavering away :D Cool that you guys are on that that time of the night :D

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE