Ennerdale camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Can't think of anywhere specific, but if ya want the best of both then the camping barn next to the youth hostel is good. Basic sleeping platforms and a pot bellied stove down stairs, and it's next to the woods aswell.

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
We were at the Youth Hostel there in February. The track between Ennerdale YH and Black Sail is one long forest. I'm sure you could secrete yourself in their fairly nicely. Some forest tracks, but easy enough to get yourself lost in.
Again, no specific location, but the thought had crossed my mind to do a similar thing to you!

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hey guys. I'm thinking of wild camping in Ennerdale in July. Anyone got any tips on location preferably in woodland?

Pete

Cheers Pauly but I'm thinking more of taking my back packing tent for a few days...so more of a woodland setting...

Aaaah ... you mean go a bit stealthy, etc. Go somewhere where no one can see you?

What exactly are you planning to do? Built a fire? Shelters? Axe craft?

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
You are aware you need permission from a landowner (whoever that may be) and BCUK does not condone any illegal activities (that's camping without permission)? You're also aware of the fact these activities aren't supposed to be discussed on here, as per the rules & regs - which you obviously haven't read?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE