Email notifications have stopped for me :(

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
As it says above really.
I've had several PM's and replies to subscribed threads over the last 48 hours, but not a single email notification. I haven't changed or tampered with anything and they aren't being junked by my mail program. I use the same address for other forums and all other notifications are working fine.
Suggestions and help please?? :confused: :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hmm, the same thing has happened to me. I'd put it down to using Taptalk on my new Kindle & Samsung phone. I thought they'd intercepted the messages. Will ask around and get back to you on this one.
TTFN,
GB

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Hmm, the same thing has happened to me. I'd put it down to using Taptalk on my new Kindle & Samsung phone. I thought they'd intercepted the messages. Will ask around and get back to you on this one.
TTFN,
GB

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Cheers GB. If it's of any help, I never use tapatalk, but do only use Macs - iPhone, MacBook and iPad.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I've had the same issue with sales threads.

I can't remember getting a single notification ~ PC using Windows 8.? and Chrome.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi All, apologies for this, I've traced it back and I'm hoping it will be resolved soon.

Over Christmas we had a large amount of spam with over 2000 account being created in just a few days, we were taking it easy and missed it till it was too late, these accounts created make no difference to anyone else on the site but they're a pain for us as every one gets deleted manually. It transpires that very few of the accounts created have real emails so they bounced when the system sent their confirmation emails, this in turn upset Amazon who's email service we used as it amounted to a lot of bounces which broke my user agreements, So i'm talking to them now :D

Thanks for your patience

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Is that why I saw a large number of members on the "today's birthdays" a few days ago who all had spammy-type names and were all 35 on the same day?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Cheers for that Tony, sorry had been going to report the post and find out what was happening here, but only had sporadic contact over the last week on Taptalk. There was me thinking I'd broken the internet again! :eek:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I'll disable the subscriptions and then resubscribe to the threads, see if that does anything useful.

Thanks for putting the time and effort in, it's very much appreciated :goodluck::thankyou:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE