Electric planer (Tooltec - Aldi/Netto?) spare blade advice please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
Hi - it's not particularly bushcrafty but I have a cheapo 'Tooltec' 900W electric planer with a busted blade and can I find a spare blade for it? Can I 'eck....so I thought I would ask you knowledgeable lot....

I called the people at tooltec.co.uk but they are not the tooltec I'm after - lady on the end of the phone said they get alot of calls like this and I'd probably find what I'm after by getting in touch with Asda/Netto or Aldi - depending on which one supplied it. As I bought it second hand I don't know where it came from. Does anyone know who (aldi/asda/netto) tooltec are badged by?

Also is there a standard plane blade replacement size that I can use for this planer? If so, what would I be looking for?

The blade is (L/Cutting edge)82mm, (D)3mm, (W)unkown as I can't get the blade out just now.

I don't want to purchse just any 82mm blade off t'ebay as they aint cheap and I'm skinter than a skint thing...can anyone suggest which blade I should be looking for?

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
There's pretty much only two common types* of lecky planer blade, both double edged and one type is 80mm and the other is 82mm.
Most of the planers I've used are 82mm but I seem to remember owning a Bosch planer that had 80mm cutters.

If the one you need is 82mm then that's you type you go for. They are double edged so if they go blunt you can take them out and turn them round but if you clatter them on a nail and break them you will have to replace them.

*Not talking about the fancy cambered or spiral Festool jobbies here.

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
Oh - simple as that? I was thinking that they'd be model specific, that's great news, thanks for the help guys :)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Oh - simple as that? I was thinking that they'd be model specific, that's great news, thanks for the help guys :)

Well to be fair I can't say I've ever seen one made by Tooltec but the ones I've used upto now have all been pretty much the same. Even the 80mm ones only look the same as the 82mm apart from being 2mm shorter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE