Egg Powder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The tinned cake is quite nice.

The answer to your stew is no in mylar. It can be done, but you need to pressure can the stuff.

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Pressure canning is fun

I have arranged for Will to send me a kilo of dried whole egg. I will do a review if people want one?

Red

Bizmarty

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2008
Under a Tree, UK
Nice, Iv'e got a Kg coming too. How do you do your pressure canning Red? I know it big over the pond but cannot find much about it in shops over here?

Cheers

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You pretty much have to import a pressure canner. The jars are available from Ascott, lakeland etc. Then a book (Balls Blue Book is one of the best) and away you go.

Happy to do a pictorial if anyone wants one - not sure that canning your own meat is really Bushcraft, but it might interest someone?

Bizmarty

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2008
Under a Tree, UK
You pretty much have to import a pressure canner. The jars are available from Ascott, lakeland etc. Then a book (Balls Blue Book is one of the best) and away you go.

Happy to do a pictorial if anyone wants one - not sure that canning your own meat is really Bushcraft, but it might interest someone?

It’s not exactly Bushcraft no, but it is very interesting and the cans can be cached/taken out in the field when Bushcrafting, and may save your life, so I think it is very relevant. I for one would be very interested in seeing a canning pictorial please?

Cheers Red

bmartin1uk

Forager
May 4, 2010
Baldock, Herts
Might be a little off topic, but a friend of mine who is a bit of a body builder uses the protein shakes mixed with various things like water, sweetner and banana and makes pancakes, brownies and all sorts. They rise and taste kinda ok...different. I imagine powdered egg is essentially protein powder as someone suggested. I bet you could do some cool stuff round the camp fire with it.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No problem guys. I was planning to do a batch of chilli next week or the week after. I'll break out the camera.

Red

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
Not sure how paypal works in this instance, only ever requested money via ebay, it states that I can request money from someone if I have their email address? Unless you know better?!

Tried to pm you to request your email address to pay but it says you have too many emails!!
Alan

Will68

Oct 18, 2010
Evesham UK
I think I've unblocked the pm?! New to this! Anyone know much about wild mushrooms, I've got loads in the field outside my window, wondered which i could eat. Could go with the egg for breakfast!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
HI Will,

Hopefully you got my paypal.

I'll do a review as soon as the stuff arrives. I have a number of guys on another forum that are interested too - are you okay for more orders soon or is this a "one off"?

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE