editing a first post in a thread?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi i can't edit a thread i stated (swap shop) which i need to to show some kit has changed or gone...:confused:

edit.gif
this button has gone from the tools.

also i'm finding editing posts even adding smiles is far more complex than it was, having to "go advanced" etc.

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
I have the same problem, put a post on which looks rubbish, half the photo and text missing, but I can't edit it, there is no edit button, which when you search for help says is there, very frustrating, having a lot of problems with the new site, fingers crossed they are sorted soon.

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
I just got round my problem by opening the thread, clicking anywhere on the post and pressed Ctrl A to select all, right clicked and selected copy, I then pasted this into a word document which then allowed me to see the edit button as it isn't hidden by the sponsor adds! by holding Ctrl and clicking on the edit button in the word doc it opens up the thread in edit mode and I was able to make and save my changes.

Right old faff around I know but it worked for me. Good luck

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE