Ed Wardle on C4 0050hrs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I've just noticed that Ed Wardle's film "Alone in the Wild" is on channel 4 tonight at 0050 hrs.

I've seen him mentioned on quite a few forums in regard to "what if/living in the cuds" threads but have never seen the film.

Just a heads up for folks who, like me, haven't seen it.

Liam

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
watched it when it was on the first time around, thinki'd rater watch countryfile again

I've only watched a few minutes of it so far.

It's not going to be one of those "me, me, look at me" kinda programmes with folk filming themselves and their ego, with no real substance to the program is it?

I'll give it a wee while longer but I'm thinking I'm right...

Liam

chuckle

Nov 29, 2006
grimsby
That was quite scary to watch someone go insane before your eyes,being a social animal we tend to crack up with out the company of others. But to watch someone unravel and go all lord of the flies was almost painful to watch.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
watch it if you havent already seen it its quite interesting, i might watch it again if nothing else is on!

keep your eyes out for the small shoulder bag he uses, it nothing more glamourous than a army surplus swedish gas mask bag........ cheap and cheerful but does the job

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I thought it was a good series despite his personal issues, but then again I like watching Bear Grylls too.

:lurk:

I found myself shouting at Ed to build a wee raft and pole down the lake edge instead of hauling himself through the forest, but then again I'd have probably stopped in the first location anyway and explored with the canoe he had.

Anything on telly involving folk messing about in the outdoors usually finds its way onto my screen if I'm honest.

Last edited:

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I must admit I wasn't too sure at first, but by the end of the programme I was hooked.

Chuckle; yes I got the sense he was starting to unravel as well. I think his personality is going to cause him big problems in seeing this project through.

Shewie; I was thinking something similar. When I saw him being bothered by the mosquitos I realised it's no wonder that stone age man built crannogs offshore in lochs to keep away from midges.

crushthesystem

Forager
Nov 18, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
Considering he had planned to be out there for three months he really didn't seem prepared to hunt for food, snaring and fishing yes but he really seemed like he'd rather starve than shoot something that would save him. Possibly to do with the fact that he could be taken away from there when he needed it?

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
I've said it before but I reckon he went into the wild too skinny. If he'd have chowed down on the pies and put some muscle on beforehand then I don't think he'd have started feeling the effects of starvation so quick. He didn't give himself any time to perfect finding food before he started to get too weak.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Have we not talked this programme to death in another very, very, very long thread?

My apologies rik_uk3.

Admittedly, I didn't use the search function, I'd only heard of him recently and only noticed last night that the programme was on.

I gather now that it's been shown before.

Mods, please feel free to bin this thread, I'd rather we didn't rehash old ground.

I'll just do a look for the original thread.

Sorry everyone :eek::eek:

Liam

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Nooooo, may have been discussed before, but that was way back. No need for folks to do searches for every topic otherwise there'd never be new ones. Keep on postin' bro......

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Nooooo, may have been discussed before, but that was way back. No need for folks to do searches for every topic otherwise there'd never be new ones. Keep on postin' bro......

Thank you Johnny D.

Sorry, I just made you sound like a 90's fruit drink, Sunny D anyone?

Liam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE