Ebay sale thread removal

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chas

Feb 22, 2006
mid essex
Hello chaps, yesterday I put a thread and link to ebay about a Ray Mears knife I'm selling,on Edged Tools, I was asking advice as to the price and also to allow others to buy the knife if they are interested, as it was the first bushy I bought and through the use of the word bushcraft, I discovered you lot, went to my first bushmoot and generally enjoy bushcraft far more. I wondered if I had committed a cardinal sin or something because the thread has been removed, if I have I apologise sincerely. If not can I post again? Either way brilliant site first class people even Tony who took the mick me washing my socks at the bushmoot! All the best Charlie.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Hi Chas,

I suspect that it's because of the rule that states only full members are allowed to advertise and that's only within the classifieds section. Not sure but maybe external links to sales are also a no-no. If in doubt check the rules.

Hope that helps :)

chas

Feb 22, 2006
mid essex
Thank You very much Sir, I'll have to see Tony at the Bushmoot about full membership and then sell stuff on the site "legally".Next time I'll read the rules FIRST!!

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I'm surprised you didn't get a PM if the thread was moved or removed... thought that was standard policy for moderated posts these days ? :dunno:

Maybe not, I made a thread about wanting to give away some old electronic gear my father had collected, it vanished without a trace with no PM or contact.

:(

But then I don't think I put it under classifieds so maybe that was why.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It's usually the case that people do get a PM, now and the it gets missed, usually because we intend to come back to it but we've not got time right there and then, in these instances we sometimes drop the ball and people don't get notified, apologies for that. The thing to do is a quick PM to a Mod online and they can look into it.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Mea culpa, the internet died before I could pm and then I had to go to work in Govan, and I'm just home.
I've pm'd Chas and set things aright.

Sandbender, I don't know why your thread was pulled, I do remember seeing it. Was it maybe just moved to another forum ?

cheers,
Toddy

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Sandbender, I don't know why your thread was pulled, I do remember seeing it. Was it maybe just moved to another forum ?

Nope, it's not listed under threads started by myself, maybe it vanished during the recent server work, thats life I guess...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've just gone and checked, and it's not in removed posts.........no idea what has happened to it :dunno:

Maybe ask Admin ?

Hang on, and I'll check and see if it's under your posts in the Mods bit.

atb,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've checked right back to the beginning of May and it's definitely not there............did we lose stuff in the last down time ?

Do you want to try it again?

atb,
Mary

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
I've checked right back to the beginning of May and it's definitely not there............did we lose stuff in the last down time ?

we did... I made a couple of posts and sent a few PMs when the last major downtime was happening - when the site came back up they'd gone - looked like a slightly earlier copy of the database got re-loaded to fix something..

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Aaahh, well that explains it. Thanks Bikething. :)

Have another go at posting, Sandbender, and we'll hope the lights stay on this time :rolleyes: :D

cheers,
M

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
twice there were 5 minute spaces where people posted and then the server fell over and was restored from the Backups, anything in those minutes would be lost, viewable for a few minutes and then gone. I lost a number of threads in there as well.
Apologies for that but one of those things :(

chas

Feb 22, 2006
mid essex
Dear Toddy & Team, pm read & understood, as I said I'll see Tony at the bushmoot and pay my dues and respects, thanks for the help chaps. All the best Chas.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yep, there's a few issues with the thread. Sometimes it's not appreciated that things come and bite me in the backside before the people that post things. There's not always an issue but we want to make sure.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE