eBay Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

carnegos

Nov 18, 2009
Kernow
www.rafdavidstowmoor.org
Hello Andrew,

I have one of these from Tenth Wonder ( the black XL version ). I find it well made and very comfortable for my 6ft 4in frame. I've had very good service from them so far (no connection, just a happy customer).

One thing I would say from my own trips out into the wilderness is that the tree huggers that came with mine were a little too short and I had to order more. This came at a price of a tenner for 30 metres of the stuff but you have to watch for manufacturing joins in the middle of it, I was lucky to have just one join 2 metres in from one end and only wanted two 5 metre lengths anyway.

Having been out with these I have realised how much 10 metres of the stuff weighs particularly when wet. Therefore I am about to bin them and buy some climbing tape which should be lighter and not absorb the water.

Cheers.

carnegos

Nov 18, 2009
Kernow
www.rafdavidstowmoor.org
Never tried a DD one so I cannot compare the two. But my TW version is comfy, dries out quickly if I get it wet and the stitching appears to be solid. One modification worth making is to add a couple of metal rings from fleabay at either end to act as drip rings.

sandbag47

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 12, 2007
northampton
by what i have heard about this company the term barge pole comes into the sentance i would use

scubapauly

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2009
Hertfordshire
scubapauly.zenfolio.com
I have Tenth Wonder hmmock and was impressed enough that I bought them for friends too. I have the Jungle hammock with the mosi net. Works fine. I have modded it to hang via paracord loops sleeved within the original tape and thats very fast way to hang now. I use carib's as drip rings.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
by what i have heard about this company the term barge pole comes into the sentance i would use

Poddle, i would find it unlikely Sandbags was referring to DD, as he handled the group buy from them a few weeks ago - i'm sure he's not biased though. :pokenest: :D

I have a DD Travel hammock & am very happy with it, but do like the look of the TW Green Hornet.

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
I have their Green Hornet version, with the mozzie net built in.

No problems so far whatsoever.

I was comparing it with a friend's DD hammock at the weekend, and the Tenth Wonder seemed to sit wider, so more room at the shoulders. This may just have been the way the 2 hammocks were set up, but was a noticable difference.

On additional feature the Green Hornet has is that the ends of the hammocks are material rather than mesh for the first couple of feet. This effectively makes a darker, more windproof area for your head and feet

Link to Green Hornet here

Snozz

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I have Tenth Wonder hmmock and was impressed enough that I bought them for friends too. I have the Jungle hammock with the mosi net. Works fine. I have modded it to hang via paracord loops sleeved within the original tape and thats very fast way to hang now. I use carib's as drip rings.

Sounds a lot like what I have done. I have the Jungle Hammock, as does a friend of mine. Neither of us have had any problems. My mate did find some very iffy work on a DD tarp though, and I seem to remember someone on here got a "not up to scratch" hammock also by DD.

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
I have one and have got one for one of the kids. I rate it highly, love it. I have a DD hammock too and so does another of the kids, I'd say they're very close in quality. The only criticism I have is the ends of the tape needed heat sealing to stop them fraying. I'd say 5 mins with a lighter is nothing when you consider how much cheaper they are. If I needed another hammock I'd but another TW one rather than a DD. One weird thing though, the one my lad bought has a label stitched inside that says 'DD'. Haven't a clue what that's about.

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
Can anyone tell us what the packed size of the green hornet is? There is a picture of it packed but nothing for scale...

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
Dimensions of the Green Hornet are 14 inches long, 18 inches circumference, 6 inches across.

It comes with 2 aluminium poles about 14 inches long to hold the mozzie net. I sawed these in half, and put a piece of dowling in one end (so they would join back together) so that it would reduce the pack size

The above measurements are when it's been quickly packed away and in a Hammock sleeve.

Snozz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE