Easy paracord keyring

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mang

Settler
I've just completed an article for Scouting magazine regarding paracord knitting that will hopefully surface next year. I did one thing that I chopped off due to there being too much to squeeze in so I thought I'd post it on here in case it's any use...I don't recall seeing it before. Just in case it's something that could be used in a meeting...

DSC05207.jpg

Start with two lengths of crossed paracord, the piece running top to bottom must be on top. Cross over the ones running from left to right as shown.
DSC05208.jpg

Take one of the grey ends (in this case the lower one and cross it OVER the first length of Orange paracord and then UNDER the second.
DSC05209.jpg

And repeat with the other length and pull the knot tight, but not too tight.
DSC05210.jpg

You’ve basically formed a friendship knot.
DSC05211.jpg

Repeat steps 1-3 again and then turn it over and pull the orange paracord at the bottom to make a small loop and/ or add a metal (key) ring.
DSC05212.jpg

Keep going ‘til you reach your desired size or run out of paracord. Snip the ends close to the body.
DSC05213.jpg

I decided not to snip this at the last minute and carried on to make it a little bigger. To finish it off, take a lighter and gently singe the cut ends to melt and secure them/ the keyring. Darker paracord colours hide any scorch marks...I rushed this one and singed it a bit!:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE