Early Summer Fishing/Bushcrafting/Canoeing trip to Loch Ba (maybe through to Laidon)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Just wondered if there would be any interest in a spot of canoe fishing early summer, Loch Ba is stuffed full of brown trout and perch, could be the chnce to catch allot of fish have a float about on the canoes and camp on the island.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?...archp=ids.srf&dn=516&ax=232150&ay=750402&lm=0

There is the possibility of going through Ba and onto Loch Laidon which is equally packed with fish!!!

warthog

Nov 24, 2010
dunkeld
Was at the Rannoch Station end of Laidon fishin last august, hard fightin fish and very tasty to.
Would be interested in trip but no canoe and only experience of canoeing was as a teenager when in the air cadets, so basicaly a complete novice.
Will see if i can sort something out and give an answer for deffinite soon, John

Hi johnnytheboy - new to this site & was browsing & noticed this thread. I love canoeing, fly fishing & camping on islands in lochs so I'm always interested to hear about one I've not camped on before. Have you camped on that island before? If so what is it like? Also how much is a day permit on the loch?
Cheers,
Martin.

Interesting - might have to give loch ba a visit then, my only worry is that I won't be able to wait for early summer. I had a look on google maps & it looks ideal for camping - as far as you can tell from gmaps. I'd be interested in a bit of fishing & if there's no permit - even better. I'm self employed right now so I take random whims to go on wild camping trips when I get bored with what I'm doing, so I might head up sometime soon, don't know when I'll go but I'll put the word out when I know, if anyones interested in tagging along.

Cheers johnnytheboy.

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Fish Ba every year, no permit needed, famed for its black trout. Trout are small, so light tackle is a must. The only draw back is because its so close to the road it tends to attract the ned brigade, loads of rubbish and fire scars.
jon

warthog

Nov 24, 2010
dunkeld
Hi Johnnythe boy, the trip is a no for me as i've just had some back surgery and wont be fit enough for paddling.

Hopefully get another time if thats ok

Aw the best, John

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Count me in mate work permitting,and this time im going to catch one.
Let me know the dates your thinking about and ill get back to you.
Regards steve.

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
As soon as some dates are posted I'll let folk know if I can make it, although, assuming it's a weekend then it'll be fine by me.
If anyone is wanting to go sooner then I'm also game for that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE