e book reader

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
i am thinking of getting an ebook reader for xmas, does anyone have one? are they any good? were do you get the books from? whats the best one? are they any wilderness/bushcrafty books out there for them?

thanks

tetra_neon

Forager
Oct 1, 2005
E Mids
make sure you get one that opens .PDF files - then you can access hundreds if not thousands of outdoorsy books and magazines.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
e-book reader is clearly the 'bushcraft' option because of the typically long battery life, although remember you'll need a light to read it in the dark. However, the reader market is temporarily stagnated whilst everyone waits to see what Apple will come up with in the spring. If you can wait, then worth doing so...

Tobes

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
myself i would just rather read a normall book iam sure there will be a lil cumputer gadget that lites peoples fires for them to soon

I had one of these last year - got a mate to get me one from the US.

They are great - very easy to read, great display (not eye straining - real paper effect!) Good battery life and overall a very handy thing to have. Stores MP3's & photo's as well.

If you get one try here for lots and lots of free e-books
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page
(all legit - out of copyright stuff. They have a good selection of HP Lovecraft!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE