Dutch tin mugs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
They are UK '44 pattern. The waterbottles as said are similar to the US ones and are about £4. The mugs can be picked up very cheaply (got mine for 50p) but is excess space when camping. I only use mine for base camp otherwise it the Crusader.

A

Alex.W

I got one of these and a dutch bottle because I couldn't affort a proper crusader and I think they are just as good. I'm sure I saw a picture of one of the mugs crammed on top of the bottle somewhere though:Thinkingo who knows, I could be going crazy again.:D

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I got one of these and a dutch bottle because I couldn't affort a proper crusader and I think they are just as good. I'm sure I saw a picture of one of the mugs crammed on top of the bottle somewhere though:Thinkingo who knows, I could be going crazy again.:D

I too have one. Just as good as a crusader and a fraction of the cost. You can pick up the US canteens cheap too and still have change of a tenner for both items :D

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The Dutch mug is good value, but remember, like the Crusader, its not much of a cooking pot, but is fine for boiling up noodles or heating a rat pack

WilS

I used to used the 44 pattern mug (and yes before you ask I have 'upgraded' to a crusader).

I used it with one of the cheaper copies of the black NATO water bottles, with which it nests relatively well as the bottles are smaller than the real NATO Osprey ones.

(It doesn't nest with an Osprey for love nor money.)

Just for the record, I progressed onto the Crusader cup mainly because its stainless steel - my older one was aluminium, which apart from the rumours about health issues, I also found to taint the taste of food & drinks - particularly the birch sap the first time I tapped some (left overnight) - a real disappointment as I'd got quite worked up with the anticipation.

I guess its the old addage of you get what you pay for - the Crusader mugs are a lot tougher - almost bomb-proof.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I much prefer mug cooking and for the cash a '44/dutch mug and bottle at about £5 is the biz. It can be used with an issue hexi cooking and crusader stand, just use a half round file to broaden the curve a little. You are then cooking and drinking for £6.50.

Of course the '44 mug is smaller than the Crusader mug and what you prepare in it doesn't look pretty! but I'm a firm believer in "it all tastes the same no matter how it's prepared" so it's usually all in the same mug for me!

(Hides now before Rik appears:lmao: :lol: )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE