Dutch mug lids???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
I have been using a crusader mug and cooker for a few years now and have been impressed by the reduction in boiling time that I achieved just by using one of the flimsy BCB plastic lids, and I have drooled with envy over the metal lids on this forum! However I am in the process of starting a new set of kit and am going to change over to a Dutch Army stainless steel mug holding a Dutch army slim 58 pattern water bottle, but I was wondering if you guys knew of anywhere I can lay my hands on a metal lid that will fit the Dutch mug? IIRC it's roughly the same size and shape as an American mug so I guess that one of those would do, if they exist???

Thanks for any help that you fellas can offer!

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
Really? Bugger! I have got Brit ones and Swiss ones too, so I guess that getting a Dutch one will complete the set of black army water bottles anyway. At the cost that Endicotts knock them out I am still tempted to try them out so I will let you know how I get on!

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
just to let you guys know that I have now taken delivery of a dutch stainless steel mug with folding handles and a regular dutch army water bottle too. I didn't go with the 'slim 58' pattern in the end , I picked the one that looks like a clone of the US army water bottle.

I got the kit from tubarb on ebay (no connection) for about a tenner including mug, bottle and a pretty heavy duty carrier.

I have packed the mug and bottle into my new Maxpedition M-4 pack and it's a nice fit , if a little snug.

Northsky

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2007
Sowerby Bridge
Have made a lid for my Dutch Army mug from an old biscuit tin complete with riveted on handle. Also have Dutch Army water bottle, its supreme and no taste of plastic, but if yours does try soaking in bicarb solution, or a home brew steriliser.

Jonty

May 19, 2011
Highlands of Scotland
MadDave, do you know what make the lid was?

I have two dutch mugs and bottles, they are absolutely bomb proof, very strong and no taste of plastic, I prefer the design to the Crusader style...

many thanks J

knighthawk

Oct 6, 2009
sheffield
I have been using a crusader mug and cooker for a few years now and have been impressed by the reduction in boiling time that I achieved just by using one of the flimsy BCB plastic lids, and I have drooled with envy over the metal lids on this forum! However I am in the process of starting a new set of kit and am going to change over to a Dutch Army stainless steel mug holding a Dutch army slim 58 pattern water bottle, but I was wondering if you guys knew of anywhere I can lay my hands on a metal lid that will fit the Dutch mug? IIRC it's roughly the same size and shape as an American mug so I guess that one of those would do, if they exist???

Thanks for any help that you fellas can offer!
Me too..but I have been a little unsure what to order

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Really? Bugger! I have got Brit ones and Swiss ones too, so I guess that getting a Dutch one will complete the set of black army water bottles anyway. At the cost that Endicotts knock them out I am still tempted to try them out so I will let you know how I get on!

Not really. I have two black US ones.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Let me get one thing straight first; are you talking about these?

Dutch+Army+Canteen.JPG

If so, there are no standard issue lids for the mugs. They are all aftermarket, homemaid etc.
many of these bottles indeed do majke the water taste like plastic. Had several of those with varying vintage from the 70's up to the 90's and they all did.

@littlebiglane; Do you want a plastic of canvas cover?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE