Dutch modular sleep system (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
It's one thing my old Cotswold Camping bag doesn't suffer from - the hood is huge & opens right out. It's the main annoyance on my Lidl Rocktrail & the Defence 4

Must use a smaller pillow - I normally use a dry bag stuffed with clothes in the hammock - can't fall to the ground as it's clipped around the hammock. I've got an old airline pillow somewhere I could use

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I bought the US modular system - all four parts - last summer some time and have been generally happy with it (I had one cold night in ?January but putting a coat over my legs sorted that).

Last summer there were loads available on ebay and they generally went for about £90 or less. I deliberately decided to pay a bit more to get one from a reputable supplier (got his last one) as there were apparently a lot of fakes around at the time

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I'd considered the US system but couldn't be sure of not getting a fake & seeing as I already had a bivi bag, this system seemed sensible (plus the centre zip will help for hammocking). I'm sure they're comparable systems, just wish I'd bought mine last year!

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
nice review how much space does the bag take up in a pack?

Just packed it into my BFO PLCE Bergen. With both sleeping bags (no compression bag), underquilt, DD XL tarp, hammock & Alpkit Hunka XL bivi bag it's rammed pretty full.

I'll have to be a bit creative with the rest of my packing as I prefer to be able to carry everything in one go. Cast iron frying pan might weigh things down a tad, mind! It's the underquilt that seems bulkiest, oddly enough

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE