Dutch bushcraft meeting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pantalaimon

Forager
May 19, 2008
Utrecht, Netherlands
Guys,

sorry to miss out on the party.... :-(

I will be with a Vildmark & Weiss course with Nordic bushcraft / Bearclaw in Sweden :D

Any of you joining me there in june 2008?

Grtz Johan

Thats a good excuse!
Are you going to do the 'WEISS Summer' course? That's interesting. Maybe something for next year. But I didn't saw the costs of it on the site. Care to tell us about that?

Christy

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2006
Lowlands
is het een beetje te doen om vanaf het station op de lokatie te komen?.

Stijn, if I'm there I'll pick you up from the station. No worries.
Unsure if I'll be in the country at that moment but when there a ride is guaranteed. If not I may ask my foster-daughter to do me a favour and pick you up.

David.from.Holland

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2008
Holland
Hello all, just joined the forum and Pantalaimon was so kind as to point me straight to this thread (well, almost, his link was incorrect ;) but I found it nonetheless). Count me in please (if there's still room fore one more). I will be joining the party on saturday morning.

Jurjen, PM is on the way with my details. Do you think I can safely park a motorcyle at the Hoorneboeg (meening without getting it stolen during the night)?

Thats a good excuse!
Are you going to do the 'WEISS Summer' course? That's interesting. Maybe something for next year. But I didn't saw the costs of it on the site. Care to tell us about that?

Yep Weiss summer course, have to check price cos it was a combination (Vildmark, which is/should be a bit of a refresher for me). So a trip report etc will follow afterwards.

Main objective is have fun, relax (not equals being inactive <eg> ) and learn...

If any of the UK based people are coming please drop me a pm about possibilities of me buying from you a BCB messtin (the one with the lid which was reviewed on the site and in the mag) and you bringing it (postage RM to Holland sometimes adds up to a major pain...)

Will probably bring along the Chinese Army cooker set for pass around and testing and trying in the UK (again saving a bit on international mail costs...)

Grtz Johan

Hey everyone,

Nice to see you all so active out here.
Johan, you have fun for all of us who are staying behind ok!

For the rest, this weekend everybody who has shown interest should see some email traffic coming with more information about the weekend.

By the way, David. You're bike should be quit safe there. You'll be sleeping about 200 meters away from it.

Greetings,

Jurjen

stijnb

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2008
nederland
In the mail you say that fire's aren't alowed(exept for the main fireplace) are also hobo stoves or mets stoves not alowed? and will the fire be burning the whole day(like warm breakfast;) )

I will check for those hobo stoves, but I'm afraid that the answer will be no. Since with us lot that would probably mean 30 independant hobo stoves burning in a tinderdry forest... I don't see how they would aprove of it.

But about the main fireplaces, they are rather large (and there are two), and you can make a fire there at any time. They're large enough for multiple fires.

Galemys

Settler
Dec 13, 2004
Zaandam, the Netherlands
Hi all,

still not sure if I can make it.
If I can&#180;t come I will be asking DDokkum (at the other Dutch bushcraftmeeting a week before) if he can take some stuff of mine (bamboo, rattan etc.) to the Hoorneboeg for you all to play with (you can do the workshop without me, I&#180;m pants at most of those fire techniques myself anyway;), I can also provide some background information on the fire saw, fire piston and fire thong by E-mail (word-files) for anyone interested (t.lourensapestaartjesanquin.nl).

Cheers,

Tom

PS
Perry sport are selling their hammock&#180;s (lightweight, nylon, 240x135 cm, small package) for half the price, 5 euros! They are big enough to sleep in for me and hold my 88 kilos well (although the package says it is good till 80 kilos). You will need extra rope for hangin it but I think it is a bargain.

Porcupine

Forager
Aug 24, 2005
Leek,The Netherlands
Sorry for being silent on this topic so long but it looks like after a change of manager i might again be able to show up, i'll let you know as soon as possible if im able to come.

siep

stijnb

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2008
nederland
Stijn, if I'm there I'll pick you up from the station. No worries.
Unsure if I'll be in the country at that moment but when there a ride is guaranteed. If not I may ask my foster-daughter to do me a favour and pick you up.

what time would be conveniënt? 20,00 at the station?
how do we recognise? mob nr?
pm plz

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
Dear all,

Friday night, around 17.00, I will drive straight from work (Velddriel, just north of Den Bosch) to the Hoorneboeg.

I have a caddy, so I can take 1 person with me if he/she is on the route or closeby. I have pleanty of room for luggage.

Sunday, I will leave earlier (around 11.00-12.00) and drive back to Oss, where i live

Anyone who wants a ride?

Thijs

Christy

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2006
Lowlands
Anyone arriving at the Hilversum station at around the same time as Stijn, give a shout now.
Busstrike is over. Service should be resumed for all you late comers.

Christy

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2006
Lowlands
Now for the bad news, the rabbit is up the duff. She was in a cage with her sister, sister got the axe last week. Only sister was a brother and now our little fluffy should've-been-a-meal, is near delivering time.
Way too young but it happens. Glad I found out before the demo, that can make a grown man faint to realise you've just.....

Alternatives are in planning now but I refuse to "do" anything from the petshop.
Update will follow.

stijnb

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2008
nederland
btw In the mail i said that i would bring a chicken(the bird,not girl) for the ddp, but that is only possible if there's some kind of fridge/refridgurator, if there isn't I can bring stokbrood or so...

Galemys

Settler
Dec 13, 2004
Zaandam, the Netherlands
Hi all,

I can now confirm I´ll be coming on saturday for my firestarting workshop.
Sadly I can´t stay the whole weekend but I´ll bring some noodles and dried chicken-of-the-woods for dinner.

See you saturday,

Tom

David.from.Holland

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2008
Holland
Now for the bad news, the rabbit is up the duff. She was in a cage with her sister, sister got the axe last week. Only sister was a brother and now our little fluffy should've-been-a-meal, is near delivering time.
Way too young but it happens. Glad I found out before the demo, that can make a grown man faint to realise you've just.....

Alternatives are in planning now but I refuse to "do" anything from the petshop.
Update will follow.

Glad you found out in time. I'll be bringing a rabbit, but mine's bought at a butcher.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE