Dutch bushcraft meeting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
Anyone in for a commemorative T-shirt? I can have them made online.

2313190790_2095fa5192.jpg

The list starts here:

Penvisser, 2 x XL

Christy

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2006
Lowlands
Oi! You think I'm gonna walk around with a Tshirt with nekkid wimmin half my age and half my size do you? :buttkick:
How about a shirt with a bloke in a Scottish kilt which blows up and...

Huh, did I say that out loud? Where am I and how did I get here? :eek:

Hey everyone,

We're still a long way from the weekend but the seats are filling up. I've estimated that we can have a maximum of about 30 people. Right now the number is 15 and rising.
I've made a spreadsheath at home where I'm keeping track of everybody who's coming and it would be great to know a little bit more about you all then your screen name and your first name. So please send me a PM with the following info:

Contact info:
First name, family name
email adress
mobile phone number

Are you coming:
A: The whole weekend (friday, saturday, sunday).
B: Saturday and sunday.
C: I'll drop in when I have time, don't know if I'm going to stay overnight.

Extra info:
I can give a workshop, its ...
I am planning to bring ... to the Dutch dinner party.
I would like to bring a friend, please reserve two spots for me.

Thanks for your effort guys and girls.

Greetings,

Jurjen

Galemys

Settler
Dec 13, 2004
Zaandam, the Netherlands
Goedenavond allemaal,

Still not clear if I can make it that weekend so another question mark for your excel sheet Jurjen...

If I am coming I´ll be bringing along some homemade firepistons (including the knowledge to make one yourself), some bamboo for firesawing, some rattan for the fire thong (I have never succeeded with it but is fun to try) and a special piece of bamboo that produces sparks with flint. I can do a workshop as well on those four SouthEast Asian firestarting methods. I´ll probably also have some ´chaga´ (Inonotus obliquus) and cramp ball fungus (Daldinia concentrica) with me to play with.

Cheers,

Tom

PS Although I´m not sure if I´ll be there, I´m already claiming 2 trees for my hammock:D

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
I'd love to go, but I'll have to check with work. Also, i'm kind of new with absolute bushcraft. I went on a lot of camping trips, but almost no bushcraft trips. I can get a fire going with a firesteel, can make feathersticks, keep a fire going, set up a tent,... Classic camping stuff. Is this Belgian guy still alowed? :D

Christy

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2006
Lowlands
Is anyone coming from the UK by car? Odd question that's true but I have a loom I want to donate to friends in the UK. They are trying to hire a van and take the ferry etc. Would cost them a bundle. It'd be easier of someone would take the thing into the UK already where it could be picked up by them
So shameless begging here :D

There's cake or a homecooked meal involved for anyone who could assist.

I'd love to go, but I'll have to check with work. Also, i'm kind of new with absolute bushcraft. I went on a lot of camping trips, but almost no bushcraft trips. I can get a fire going with a firesteel, can make feathersticks, keep a fire going, set up a tent,... Classic camping stuff. Is this Belgian guy still alowed? :D

Hello Michiel,

Ofcourse you're welcome!
Take your tent with you and come on over!
I believe Belgians love good food so dinner should become great.
send me a pm with some of the pers info, like phone number and mail adress and I'll add you to the list. (see the above post)

Greetings,

Jurjen

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE