Dutch Bushcraft meeting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
Who of the Dutchies will be there next weekend?

Geuf and DDokkum at least for their workshops, PC2K maybe, Anyone else?
I´ll be there with some fire piston stuff and bamboo for the fire saw (and rattan for the fire thong although it always breaks before the smoke turns to a smouldering coal)

Cheers,

Tom

i'm going to the meetup, but not giving any workshops.

Nibe

Nov 19, 2007
The Netherlands
The bushcraftweekend was great. Geuf I really enjoyed your workshop and I start building a lot of stoves. But I wonder when the next Dutch meeting will be.

Galemys

Settler
Dec 13, 2004
Zaandam, the Netherlands
The bushcraftweekend was great. Geuf I really enjoyed your workshop and I start building a lot of stoves. But I wonder when the next Dutch meeting will be.

Hi Nibe,

welcome to BCUK!

So who of the 70 people are you? I must have seen you at the weekend (I think people should wear batches with their BCUK-names...)

The bushcraftweekends are held twice a year once in spring (april-may) and once in the autumn (october or november) so just keep your eyes on the bushcraftweekendsite and somewhere in early 2008 the next date will be announced.

This time I learned alot about tanning hides, material (thanx Dennis) and blacksmithing (mainly that I am crap at it:rolleyes: ).

Cheers,

Tom

Nibe

Nov 19, 2007
The Netherlands
Thanks Tom.
I was just one of the 70 people I didn't give any of the workshop or something like that. Did you give the workshop overleven in de auto or axe saw and knife (mes zaag en bijl)? Because I followed the workshop axe saw and knife.

Greetings Niels

Galemys

Settler
Dec 13, 2004
Zaandam, the Netherlands
Thanks Tom.
I was just one of the 70 people I didn't give any of the workshop or something like that. Did you give the workshop overleven in de auto or axe saw and knife (mes zaag en bijl)? Because I followed the workshop axe saw and knife.

Greetings Niels

Hi Niels,

I gave the workshop about the bamboo fire saw, fire piston and fire thong on saturday morning.
We must have seen each other though! I'll see you next time.

Tom

PS if you want some info on the techniques of my workshop I can e-mail you some word-files with pictures, tutorials, history and more that I used as handouts

Nibe

Nov 19, 2007
The Netherlands
Ow oke now I have got a face with the name.
I have tried the fire saw and the fire piston. But this was later at night around the campfire. The fire piston looks easy but it was very hard to get amber. I didn't really try the fire saw but I saw that Rob had a success with it at night.
But the next time I definitely will be there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE