Duluth Wanderer backpack

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Squidders said:
What did you sell it for mate? not get on with it?
I discovered I wasn't using it and it was spending more and more time indoors. For me, and this is admittedly a personal thing, it was too large for a days walk and too small to accommodate enough for a few days. It was great for overnighters, but then so is my bigger pack if I take off the side pockets.
I seem to recall you got the bigger one and think perhaps I should have done really.
They are great packs though. How is the bedroll performing, now you have had it for a while?

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
beachlover said:
How is the bedroll performing, now you have had it for a while?

As it happens I slept in it last weekend as Squidders wanted to try out one of his many new hammocks! lol :D

It was really good....and very comfy but being quite broad across the shoulders I did find it a little restrictive....although that might have been due to the monster super delux expedition thermorest thingy Joes had in it lol The best feature was the pillow pocket, I stuffed it with my Swedish army parka and woke without any hint of a stiff neck. :)

And it wasn't as heavy to carry as it looked.

Cheers,

Bam. :D

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Well Rambler pack I got I think is ideal... I got LOADS of stuff in it and still had a little room left over. It's fairly comfy and sits quite low on my back.

I guess the wanderer is designed for a day in the woods with a few bottles of wine, a selection of cheeses and a few other bits but is ultimately overkill for one day.

The bedroll I think is pretty nice, it's rugged and nice to lay on/in. Bam's right about the movement, it's good if you don't want to move around during the night but it's certainly not tight.

It takes a Therm-a-rest Basecamp XL with no problems at all and I didn't hear any complaining about that part of it.

As for transporting it, it's a pain but I have now sorted that by using a bit of wood as a handle between the straps that hold it all together.

I guess it's more for canoeing anyway so the bulk isn't an issue. It's a nice feeling that you, it and your sleeping bag aren't going to burst in to flames at the first hint of a spark from the fire too.

Cheers,

Joe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE