Duluth Pack as a Decoy bag?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Hey Fella,

I've a Duluth Rambler and a couple of Frost Rivers, a Nessmuk and a Timber Cruiser, you're welcome to drop by for a look. Not sure the loads you're talking about but they sound bulky but not too heavy which is good as the packs are heavy but bombproof.

Cheers,

Alan

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Seems a waste to me. Decoy sacks are generally huge (but they aren't carrying much weight). Pretty much a duffel bag with straps.

As for a roe sack - again very large plus easy to clean the claret off. The canvas construction of a Duluth is going to get large errr stains in the canvas in short order.

Love the packs, but I wouldn't use them in that role personally.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
I wouldnt bother, save your money and put it towards a decent scope, ammunition etc. I got one of these from bushwear, I dare say it would be perfectly good for decoying or for picking up, whatever you get up to shooting wise.

http://www.bushwear.co.uk/nostyles.php?ProductID=313817&ClassID=47

You could probably get something even cheaper if you wanted to, I put all my pigeon decoying stuff (whirlygig, decoys what have you) in an old German army holdall I bought for a fiver on ebay.

Last edited:

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Hey Fella,

I've a Duluth Rambler and a couple of Frost Rivers, a Nessmuk and a Timber Cruiser, you're welcome to drop by for a look. Not sure the loads you're talking about but they sound bulky but not too heavy which is good as the packs are heavy but bombproof.

Cheers,

Alan

That sounds like a plan, thanks for the offer.

there is no weight in the decoys at all, just volume, but usual decoy bags are murder to carry!!!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
That sounds like a plan, thanks for the offer.

there is no weight in the decoys at all, just volume, but usual decoy bags are murder to carry!!!

I use a Jack Pyke decoy bag (in fact I now have 3) and find them reasonably comfortable - I just used one to carry all my kit bar the kitchen into a 2 day stop in the woods....

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
reasonably comfortable

Therein lyes the problem, I seem to walk for a fair bit anytime I'm out decoying. The last time i was thinking there must be something better than this when my waders were falling off gun was dragging in the mud etc etc the decoy bags are just to long, thats why I was was thinking the duluth bag might be good as they are wide and wont hang down your back!!

leealanr

Apr 17, 2006
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Duluth packs also usually come with a very substantial plastic liner that would prevent the staining from blood etc.

they are in general though very large. If you go down that route you can get optional waist/hip belts and a tump line which i would recommend.

Tamarack outdoor stock quite a few of their models and if you subscribe to their email advertising, they often have 20% off coupons as well.

Duluth are expensive, I imported a lot of mine direct from US and got a walloping from tax, so buying with a coupon through Tamarack is a good option.

No connection with Tamarack etc, just a satisfied customer.

Alan L.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE