Drybag Repair

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Bit of old cagoule and superglue. Makes a fairly decent patch. You can also buy packs of iron on repair patches in most outdoor stores that work too. Usually a mix of blue, green, red and yellow patches. They're meant for waterproofs so it works on the drybag fabrics.

If the tear isn't tidy, it's worthwhile stitching it closed first, and then ironing or glueing on the patches over the whole repair. This strengthens the repair and still keeps the stitching waterproof.

cheers,
Toddy

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
Bit of old cagoule and superglue. Makes a fairly decent patch. You can also buy packs of iron on repair patches in most outdoor stores that work too. Usually a mix of blue, green, red and yellow patches. They're meant for waterproofs so it works on the drybag fabrics.

If the tear isn't tidy, it's worthwhile stitching it closed first, and then ironing or glueing on the patches over the whole repair. This strengthens the repair and still keeps the stitching waterproof.

cheers,
Toddy

Sorry...another daft question....do you stick the patch on the inside or outside?

Cheers, joab

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

ph5172

Forager
Feb 13, 2010
Coventry
I usually use 'duct' tape and get some cheap £shop superglue, stick on the tape them 'paint it over with the glue covering the patch and edges.
Has worked fine on drybags and even an old waterproof i caught on a fence and its being going fine for 4 years now!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE