Dreadheads Mini Beard Combs!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Just finished my latest batch of beard combs for the beardy bushcrafter :) Fiddly wee things to do, and not very economical in business terms, but a fun thing to make. I hope you like them :)

Each comb has metal tines with a wood or antler handle. They measure around 8-9cm in length. They each come with a handmade leather sheath and can be supplied with a leather neck cord. ALL NOW SOLD .

WP_000697 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

WP_000663 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

1. Mjolnir. Red Deer antler handle. Thors hammer sheath with laced edges. SOLD

WP_000666 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

2. Red Deer handle. Sheath Saddle-stitched with sinew SOLD

WP_000668 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

3. Yew handle. Sheath saddle-stitched with sinew SOLD

WP_000671 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

4. Oak handle. Sheath with laced edges SOLD

WP_000677 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

5. Yew handle. Tri-weave stamped sheath with laced edges SOLD

WP_000685 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

6. Yew handle with laced sheath SOLD

WP_000686 by HamishOdinson, on Flickr

Last edited:

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
These don't replace the job done by a certain type of nurse in junior schools, do they?! :rolleyes:

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
These don't replace the job done by a certain type of nurse in junior schools, do they?! :rolleyes:
That's what I thought or dog combs lol.

Seriously though Hamish , great work , but I have to say....bad choice of tines imho. For beards the general consensus is that beards benifit from horn, wood, bone and considered best of all .... Boar bristle .I'm led to belive Boar bristle has tiny scales on the hair that helps condition as well as tidy the beard.
Atb

Dreadhead

That's what I thought or dog combs lol.

Seriously though Hamish , great work , but I have to say....bad choice of tines imho. For beards the general consensus is that beards benifit from horn, wood, bone and considered best of all .... Boar bristle .I'm led to belive Boar bristle has tiny scales on the hair that helps condition as well as tidy the beard.
Atb

Thanks mate :) I agree with you, I would much rather make wood/bone combs but they are simply not cost effective, so I sourced the metal tines to make these affordable. Maybe in the future i'll carve some bone ones ;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Top notch Hamish, all of them are lovely but there's a couple which are real sweeties in my eye. Perfect for the traditional Saturday night cleansing ritual. (Though I never liked the idea of others "snotting" into the bowl before passing it round - though it may work as a conditioner for the beard.)

Number 2 is simply beautiful.

Dreadhead

Top notch Hamish, all of them are lovely but there's a couple which are real sweeties in my eye. Perfect for the traditional Saturday night cleansing ritual. (Though I never liked the idea of others "snotting" into the bowl before passing it round - though it may work as a conditioner for the beard.)

Number 2 is simply beautiful.

Thanks Colin :) aye the snot bowl was never my cup of tea either!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE