DRAGONFLIES

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
That's good news.
Are dragonflies not so prolific in Scotland then?

It's been a poor year for dragonflies due to the wonky weather earlier in the year. I've not seen so many nor as wide a variety as I would expect. And I'm sure it's no coincidence that I've not seen a single hobby this year (and probably won't now we're coming to end of their time here).

Reactions: crosslandkelly

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
They harbor their own loads of parasites which might be reduced this year. Possibly optimal feeding circumstance for the nymphs?

The large blue ones, which we call "Blue Darners," are quite territorial. They patrol a patch outlined by objects such as fence posts and shrubs. Right now, I have one dominating a patch maybe 15m x 10m between my front spruce trees and the house. Their appetite for mosquitoes is comforting.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
WG-Steam-Tent-Co-operative-Dragonfly-.jpg

We had lots of them flying around where we were at the Wilderness Gathering.

Camped at the swampy end of the lake we expected to be eaten alive by mozzies but we only had one bite between the three of us I think.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE