Double Ended Stuff Sacks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Following a conversation with a member of this fine forum, i have made some double ended stuff sacks for use with hammocks and/or tarps.

The sack is threaded onto your hammock and stays there, much like snake skins, but the difference being these have a draw string closure at each end and are much wider meaning you can, as the description suggests, stuff your hammock or tarp into them.

Ive tried one of these this afternoon with my DD Travel hammock and it fit's a treat in both bags, but is a better fit in the larger bag. Touse these bags, simply tie the hammock to a tree in the normal manner then pull the tapes out of the opposite end and tie on, your hammock stays off the ground and damp and the sack stays on the hammock and just slides to one end and is kept safe and sound out of the way, when it's time to pack away, just reverse the process.

The picture below shows the sack with my old, but very comfortable BCUK Group Buy hammock from a few years ago in it, with the attachment tapes coming out of each end of the sack ready for use.

DSCN1383bw.jpg

The bags are made from coated nylon with double sewn seams throughout.

Two sizes available, Small & Large

Size (Empty): Small 16" x 8" / Large 20" x 10"

Quantity available :Per qty shown in last post in thread

Price : Small £ 7.95/ea / Large £ 9.95/ea inc UK Postage & Paypal fees

First come first served as denoted by the time stamp on a PM, please specify size required, Hammock and tarp not included.

Last edited:

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Tried mine today. I use a Hennessy Hammock to which I have added whoopie slings. Prior to the double ended sack I kept it in a pair of snakeskins. Keeping them on I could not fit the hammock comfortably in the sack. Taking them off the Hennessy I was able to stuff it in with no problems or risk of damage.

The only modification I have had to make is to mark one end the "head end" by putting a small tag on the closure line of the sack. Problem solved (apart from a spare pair of snakeskins). [This is a quirk to ensure the zipped bug net is orientated to the way I set up my fly/camp.]

The sack would be too tight, I think, if my Hex Fly was permanently attached. Which is fine for me as I keep it separate. The supplied assymetric fly will however fit in when fitted to the hammock.

Overall a big improvement on my previous storage method. Great idea Kepis.

regards Alan

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it, i cant claim the honours for the idea though.

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
Mine arrived today, thanks!

Looking forward to trying them with my DD Hammocks this week. I'll try to remember to let you know how they work out!

Claudiasboris

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
thnaks for letting me know they arrived safe and sound, let me kow how you get on with them

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
Had a quick fiddle last night when I got in (I was in late though). I found that a DD Scout Hammock easily fits inside one, much better than DD's hammock sleeves which I find far too long. I've got a Travel Hammock which is bigger and heavier but I'll see how it fits sometime.

I like Humpback's points about markers. Would there be any milage in different coloured fabrics top and bottom to identify top and bottom of the hammock?

Claudiasboris

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Had a quick fiddle last night when I got in (I was in late though). I found that a DD Scout Hammock easily fits inside one, much better than DD's hammock sleeves which I find far too long. I've got a Travel Hammock which is bigger and heavier but I'll see how it fits sometime.

I like Humpback's points about markers. Would there be any milage in different coloured fabrics top and bottom to identify top and bottom of the hammock?

Claudiasboris

Glad you like it, work well dont they?

Re the ID idea, i could probably do it with different coloured cinch cords, ie red & black?

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
Hi again. I tried my Travel Hammock with one last night. The Travel's quite a bit bulkier than the Scout and I found it quite a struggle to get it all in. I managed but it may be more difficult out in the woods in the rain I imagine. Is it worth considering a larger size as well? I think a couple of centimetres would do it.

I like the cinch cord idea, very clever.

I hope that I'm not coming across negative here. These are a great idea and I can't wait to try them out in the woods. They're very well made and a definite improvement on DD's hammock sleeves.

Claudiasboris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE