Dorset Campsite Suggestions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
Ditchfield

That wasn't you asking directions in Cerne Abbas was it ?! :shock:

Regards

Bob :-D

Wayne said:
Hi.

I am going camping in the Dorchester area with SWMBO and the 2 dogs in a couple of weeks. Any ideas of campsites, a fire would be nice but not essential.

Cheers,

theres one behind Kimeridge Bay thats very cheap and Allows Fires etc it dosnt advertise or take bookings you just turn up
Fire wood is what you collect from the woods

I dont have the address but i can sort out a grid ref its not to far from Dorchester ( but not close either )

ATB

Duncan

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
Sorry Ditchfield - one of those freaky times!! I was in Cerne Abbas the other Thursday and the was stopped and asked directions for Dorchester (and the Musuem) - thought it might have been you!! The Godmanstone Road has been closed for a few weeks (sewerage works!) and people are off all over the place!

Wayne - if you do use the site behind Kimmeridge you may have to enter and leave via the Wareham road if the Range is in use. If you ring the TIC in Dorchester they will be able to advise on the Range times.

Regards

Bob :-D

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Keep the suggestions of what to see in Dorest coming. It about the only county I've not spent time in so I was looking to have a long weekend down there this year.

Also what beaches get good surf and where is there board hire - got to keep SWMBO occupied.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
FGYT said:
Wayne said:
Hi.

I am going camping in the Dorchester area with SWMBO and the 2 dogs in a couple of weeks. Any ideas of campsites, a fire would be nice but not essential.

Cheers,

theres one behind Kimeridge Bay thats very cheap and Allows Fires etc it dosnt advertise or take bookings you just turn up
Fire wood is what you collect from the woods

I dont have the address but i can sort out a grid ref its not to far from Dorchester ( but not close either )

ATB

Duncan

A grid ref would be great thanks, always good to know a campsite that allows fires, only one I've been to so far is one in Dartmoor.

Wayne said:
The campsite sounds great thanks for the info all.

could you post the grid.

cheers,

bettter do it now :lol:

Oks this link is to Multi map that should show you the area and you can zoom out to route into it

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....000&coordsys=gb&mapsize=big&lang=

the closest Village for searching is Steeple (Dorset)

the GR is 908 806 on the above map

Basically you head down towards Swanage and turn off at Corfe Castle ( you cant miss it ) signed for kimmeridge tru steeple
you need to turn down to the farm which is an un marked track on the left ( see map) if you go up onto the ridge and to Range gates youve gon 2 far
The track drops into the valley to the farm house you will pass fields to the right as you go which are used for the camp site but this is a bit exposed. your better off using the site just past the farm house over a stream that backs onto the woods where the fire wood is collected

I havent been there for 2 yrs so hopefully its all the same :roll:

Fluxus

Forager
Jan 23, 2004
heaven
The Magdalen Project - eco campsite on organic farm. compost loos beautiful floodplain meadows - lovely people

Its near winsham. If you want to you can find it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE