Dog tracking

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KIMBOKO

Nomad
Nov 26, 2003
Suffolk
I was very pleased with myself in following the movement of a dog through its tracks. I could see that the dog was stationary, then sped off, then stopped very suddenly, played around a bit then walked away. I also found the track of the knotted rope that was thrown for the dog and estimated the owners position when it was thrown.
The dog was the size of a Border Collie and was black and white and no I`m not that smart, I just recognised it on its return from its walk.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
KIMBOKO said:
I was very pleased with myself in following the movement of a dog through its tracks. I could see that the dog was stationary, then sped off, then stopped very suddenly, played around a bit then walked away. I also found the track of the knotted rope that was thrown for the dog and estimated the owners position when it was thrown.
The dog was the size of a Border Collie and was black and white and no I`m not that smart, I just recognised it on its return from its walk.
I've a Border Collie. :biggthump And love to follow it's tracks now and then. :wave:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Great one :biggthump
I find it excellent practice to track dogs and their owners to see how the two sets of tracks interact. I have started to notice things like how the dog is trained.... does it stop and sit to drop the toy for the owner or does the owner have to follow the dog around trying to get the thing out of its mouth :)

I bet if you have had followed it for a long time where it had passed through brush or scrub you could find traces of black and white hairs... its quite easy to get the colour of a dog (especially when molting) as long as you can find a good place where hair is likely to get 'trapped'

Do you keep a tracking journal or a log book?

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE