Dog Tag Signal Mirror's

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hi, I'd like to know how to go about Polishing a set of Dog Tags,so they can be used as a Signal Mirrors
I'm not sure what to use or how to go about polishing them.
Any help welcome
Cheers

SMARTY

Nomad
May 4, 2005
UAE
www.survivalwisdom.com
Depending on how scrathced up they are,(I know mine are) you are probably better off using something else to improvise a signal mirror, like your watch face, knife blade, etc.

phaserrifle

Nomad
Jun 16, 2008
South of England
They're new US Stainless Steel ones,not the UK issue Rounds one's,I thought they would be a handy addition to my Keys.

if your putting them on your keys, polishing them for signalling won't last long. you'd atleast need to protect the polished face somehow (slip cover maybe)

would stroping compound maybe do the job?

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
try Solvol Autosole from your local car/bike shop loads on e-bay like:- Item number: 350102763206 if you've never seen it. Back in the RAF in the 60's it was Brasso and cardboard cheers Danny

Ropeman

Forager
Apr 16, 2005
Aberdeen
Instead of buying dogtags from Ebay in the US why not just get a bit of scrap stainless from somewhere, polish it and wrap it in a bit of clingfilm then a layer of gaffer tape. Sorted and probably cost you nothing.

Get a big enough bit of scrap stainless and it could end up in profit for you, considering the lack of dog tag shaped bits of stainless steel on UK ebay ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE