Do you make a living out of bushcraft?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Do you make a living out of bushcraft?

• Yes, I make a living out of bushcraft

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • No, but I would like to

Votes: 102 39.8%
  • No, it's just a hobby and I like it that way

Votes: 115 44.9%
  • No, but it's part of my work.

Votes: 26 10.2%

• Total voters

JohnL

Forager
Nov 20, 2007
West Sussex
I dont instruct bushcraft, but I am an outdoor instructror.(sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, canoeing etc.)

I want to do my mountain leader this year, and long term get in to leading expeditions overseas.

Slighly bushcraft related...

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
I would love to make a living out of teaching bushcraft skills, or even just teaching wild food gathering.

People have said I'm a good teacher in the past so I think I would be good at handling a group and i think it would be quite fun.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
I'm currently a secondary maths teacher so not sure if I'd want to do it as a living, but I love the hobby aspect and have a go at almost anything. Just got back from the Bushcraft Magazine Weekend (no connection just pleased with what went on http://www.bushcraft-magazine.co.uk/courses.php). Saturday using a forge to make gypsy Irons, pokers, etc and Sunday I came home with a tillered ash Long bow and a bundle bow (Thread to follow)

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
Well, don't know if this qualifies as bushcraft per se, but I ran a trap line
for 5 or 6 winters in my late teens and early 20's...real low stress work...
do it at your own speed kinda thing, lots of fresh air and exercise, snowshoeing, etc., but the season is only about 4 months...other income required:(

Anyhow, I guess the question was geared more toward those who teach
bushcraft in various forms, which over here is not so common....never
heard of bushcraft groups or courses here, but maybe they exist?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE