DIY Woodburner

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Martin gave me the address of the place he got his chimney jack from, thought it might be helpful to pass on :) Heres the stove jack page, they also sell the fabric seperately... theres a fleabay store too here :) It is a USA firm, he also recommends checking the size you buy carefully, some are slightly shaped for tipi tents.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Thanks for the update Chris, good to know the stuff from Cromwells does what I want it to after being burned through and sat for a year. Great links there Sal, all part of the plan as well. Cheers!

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Wow, thats MOST excellent! Wonder what the fireproof plexiglass is, mica would be much too fragile :rolleyes: Theres a shorter vid of the same stove being put together here :)

It's a great chimney solution too, much easier to make an efficient stove kettle adaption too I should think :)

Chad, will yours be making an appearance at Northwood? Show n Tell, please ;)

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Great work there Chad a really nice stove.
Cheers Andy.

That's just awesome! Would provide a very welcome glow in a laavu or tipi...

Wow, thats MOST excellent! Wonder what the fireproof plexiglass is, mica would be much too fragile :rolleyes: Theres a shorter vid of the same stove being put together here :)

It's a great chimney solution too, much easier to make an efficient stove kettle adaption too I should think :)

Hopefully Sal if I have the dolla for the flue...

drliamski

Sep 11, 2006
East London
Stove glass, Im thinking about it, just depends on weight and thickness.
Would be lovely in the tent and negate the need of gas lamp!

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon

That's a really cool stove, the window on the side is great as everyone knows the best part of fire is seeing the flames :)

I wouldn't have thought the window in the side was polymer, the best high temperature thermoset polymers only go up to about 400C. It'll have to be some sort of glass, probably a borosilicate like Pyrex etc. which are pretty tough :)

drliamski

Sep 11, 2006
East London
That's a really cool stove, the window on the side is great as everyone knows the best part of fire is seeing the flames :)

I wouldn't have thought the window in the side was polymer, the best high temperature thermoset polymers only go up to about 400C. It'll have to be some sort of glass, probably a borosilicate like Pyrex etc. which are pretty tough :)

How about windows on three sides!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKLT6yW2SN8

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
Love the stove Chad, keep up the good work.
My favourite kit is the stuff I have made or modded in some way, excellent,

PREPER.... :)

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Cheers fella. Will hopefully have it fired up in a couple weeks and tested thoroughly, pics to follow.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
That's a great offer, cheers Soloman! As this is a pack down small stove I won't be after such posh functions. I was a custom fabricator in the past and have access to a shop but thanks again for such an offer. When I relocate oneday and have a permanent burner in the workshop I'll be after such finery...

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton

Works a treat. Got my flue from TiGoat in the end. Had to wait over 6 weeks but it was worth it the minute I fired it up.

This set up keeps the wind out and retains heat quite nicely. Now I know I can trust it I'll have the stove a bit further in to the set up. Time to start MKII I guess...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE