DIY Folding Bushsaw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Getting ready for my upcoming trip to Norway in January I started to look for a decent bushsaw but decided that they were all a bit too heavy big or complex for the 15kg weight limit on RyanAir so I decided to make my own.

P1010002-2.jpg

P1010005-1.jpg

The design is based on a photo I found on the web. The idea is that the uprights and crosspiece will fold together to both protect the blade and prevent it from catching on stuff in the rucksack. Folded up it is 21" long ( ie blade length) and 20 x 65mm, weight is 325g.
Its made of some Tasmanian hardwood (Oak I think) that I found at work in a sample.

Finished it tonight so I have yet to try it out.

If anybody would like the plans pm me and ill send a pdf or if you prefer I can send dwg, dxf or dgn format.

Cheers
Nick

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great stuff Nick

I wouldn`t mind a bash at that too, PM incoming

Where do you find the blades by the way, regular hardware stores ???

Rich

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
If there's no copyright issues, get Tony to post it in the 'Downloads' section. That'll save you having to send it to everyone individually.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE