DIY Embossing stamp.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pwb

I know I should have gone to Kerne :D , but I had ago at making an embossing stamp this afternoon.

DSC02792Small.jpg

Could be a lot neater kind of matches my handwriting i.e squint :rolleyes: , but it seems to work well enough for me to be able to put my initials on some of my gear.

DSC02793Small.jpg

It's made from bits and bobs that were lying around the workshop ( an old bit of brass plate , heavy duty copper wire from an electric cable and a bit of Elm planed square).

To make the stamp I just bent the wire to shape.
This is where a neater and more artistic person could make a better job.
Next soldered letters onto the backing plate which in turn was fixed to a block of wood to prevent flexing when being pressed , I used countersunk screws.

Last edited:

WoodMonkey

Jun 1, 2006
Berkshire
That's brilliant, and looks really original with the lettering done by hand. goodjob Must give it a try..my hand writing is worse though !!

If the back was not wood, and it was heated up, (not enough to melt the solder though), you could also brand leather as well, that would look wicked !

Last edited:

pwb

Thanks Nat :).

If the back was not wood, and it was heated up, (not enough to melt the solder though), you could also brand leather as well, that would look wicked !

Hi WM,

A brand type stamp would be cool :D, you could use it on wood too.
But as you point out a bit too tricky with a soldered one .

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Looks good to me.
Yesterday at my local boot market there was a quality looking hand stamp embosser for sale, the it left an impression the size of a Two pound coin.
If it's there next week I'll see how much it is.

pwb

Cheers Nag :).

Looks good to me.
Yesterday at my local boot market there was a quality looking hand stamp embosser for sale, the it left an impression the size of a Two pound coin.
If it's there next week I'll see how much it is.

Hi Hugo,

Sounds good, nice size too.
The one I made is a tad big at roughly 1.5cm x 3.5cm, impression size.
Might try making a smaller one perhaps a simple design of some sort.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE