Discussing prices in sales threads

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
[This thread was split from a sales thread in the classifieds because it turned into a discussion about commenting on prices]

Guess its due to the postage from the Shetland Isles. But most those prices are the same as outdoor kit suppliers selling it as brand new. :(

Hjaltlander

Life Member
Feb 4, 2004
Shetland Isles
Hi,

Yes I know the prices are little high, But they do include Postage and Fees, and many of the items are unused!!! Just like brand new!!!

Ok, make me an offer on anything, we will see what happens!

Hjaltlander

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
Come on guys give Hjaltlander a break it must be hard for him to get rid of all his gear because he certainly has a nice collection, and there are some bargains there especially for the Laplander saw and the bivi bag.

Alex...

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2007
Silverstone
I'll PM you but am interested in the

Saw
Folding cooker - (looks brilliant)
Thermarest (have you got any further info on it?)

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
andyn said:
Guess its due to the postage from the Shetland Isles. But most those prices are the same as outdoor kit suppliers selling it as brand new. :(

Andy, anyone can sell at any price they like, there is no requirement to sell below store prices.

For example, a wilkinson sword woodlore knife sells for much more than the original retail price.

No one is compelled to buy.

spoony said:
those prices are quite high, can get most of that stuff new for that

Gentlemen, it's considered extremely bad form to criticise a sellers price. If you dont like the price, dont buy anything, but please refrain from undermining a sales thread with criticism.

As the seller has explained, the items are unused and the price includes shipping.

Reactions: BorderReiver

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Well said Martyn.
I have bought off Hjaltlander before and everything has been if not new, then in near perfect condition and he is a great guy to deal with as well.

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
Excuse me for breathing, was just stating a fact, that the prices seemed a bit high, and that he may shift them quicker if he lowered the price, did not criticise HIM in any way, so real your wip in. jez :rolleyes:

Hjaltlander

Life Member
Feb 4, 2004
Shetland Isles
Hi,

OK, I have taken the prices off the remaining items, and I am open to offers, although I was all the time, but some people got hung up on the prices???

Regards, Hjaltlander

Alex...

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2007
Silverstone
Hjaltlander said:
Hi,

OK, I have taken the prices off the remaining items, and I am open to offers, although I was all the time, but some people got hung up on the prices???

Regards, Hjaltlander

NOW you tell me! ;)

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Hjaltlander said:
Hi,

Regards, Hjaltlander

My apologies Hjatlander, please put your prices back in. Any further comments about your pricing will be deleted and the poster banned for a week - it wont happen again.

Good luck with your sale.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Martyn said:
Andy, anyone can sell at any price they like, there is no requirement to sell below store prices.

For example, a wilkinson sword woodlore knife sells for much more than the original retail price.

No one is compelled to buy.

Sorry Martyn,

When someone posts "Grab yourself a bargin" i kinda expect that perhaps the costs might be a bit lower than store prices. All i did was express a bit of dissapointment regarding this.

Appologies if it upset.

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Fellas, commenting on prices in someone elses sale is not on.

It's not up for debate. I'm not upset, it just shouldnt happen.

I'm gonna split this thread off in the hope that the original seller has a vague hope of salvaging something from the train wreck.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Sorry Hjaltlander, that you have to put up with this sort of nonsense, its all most as if a certain person trawls these threads looking for arguments to start :rolleyes:

Well done for selling ya stuff :)

Good luck in Japan :)

Hjaltlander

Life Member
Feb 4, 2004
Shetland Isles
HELLO ALL,

I don't know if i should get involved in this, but seeing as it was my posts which brought it up, here is what comes too mind.

Yes, the prices I put, were probably not much cheaper than the high street. But I tried to factor in things like, availability of item, condition of item, original cost of item. Paypal fees, about 5% I think, weight of item with regards postage.
I posted 2 items to a gentleman today, one of which was not listed, but he enquired if I had. By the time I took off Paypal fees, Packaging and Posting I had basically given him the second item for free! But I don't mind that, I would rather that anyone who bought from me, got their items quickly and safely.

I have in no way been upset or offended by anyone's posts, everyone is entitled to there own opinion, but I am more upset that maybe my posts have generated a little bad feeling within the community, and for this I most humbly apologise.

Hjaltlander

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
The Joker said:
Sorry Hjaltlander, that you have to put up with this sort of nonsense, its all most as if a certain person trawls these threads looking for arguments to start :rolleyes:

Mate, I'm a moderator - it's my job to moderate. Get over it.

OK, thread split, knock yourselves out.

Should people comment on prices in other peoples sales threads? Discuss.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
OK discussing prices in sales.

How I see it if your selling items on an open forum then I don't see anything wrong with bartering or comenting on prices.

I don't think what Andyn or spoony wrote was out of order, rude or argumentitive, they were just comenting that they found some prices a bit high. As I have done when bying my car, motorbike and lots of other stuff with out anyone thinking I was being out of order.

Reactions: Rod and JonnyP
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE