Dinner out, is it allowed?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
We've been thinking of taking a stove, food, mat to sit on and a tarp to give shade up into a nice, local walking spot for dinner. Basically a walk and dinner in a discrete spot during a walk. It's a nice spot overlooking Morecambe Bay across to Heysham. On a nice evening it's amazing. It would only be my family consisting of two adults, a 7 year old and a dog. Once dinner is over and we have relaxed a bit we would leave for home without leaving any sign of being there.

Is this acceptable right now? Technically not allowed under regulations.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
I think the best thing to do is use your common sense Paul. If you get to the spot and it's busy go some place else. I think I know the spot your on about (ruins nearby?)

Probably just be prepared to have a few back up spots, don't be stubborn and stick to your first plan like the rest of the uk seems to have done last weekend.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Plus I think a night nature ramble is one of the NT things to do before your 11 and 3/4 our son has been working his way through. So it's really only part of a greater purpose. Exercise and nature with the necessary sustenance b to keep going.

Ruins? You'll have to shine a light on that one. There's a light you can see for miles near where we're thinking. Popular but activity dies off of an evening and there's enough hiding spots you could tuck yourself away with a green tarp helping that. My partner thinks you could camp up there but might be hard with the youngster.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE