Digital Parrot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Mea Culpa - Whilst left unattended on a shopping trip I had a moment of weakness for the shiny..

IMAG2888.jpgIMAG2890.jpg

Alas no it's not one of those but the Chinese clone from Goodmans. I was trying to ignore it but it kept whispering look at the price!
Plus it fits the rucksack. I know this is a pretty lame excuse but the wife does complain I don't take enough pictures when away. Probably won't do a lot a video there is however a time-lapse option for stills and that may work to document my wanderings.

Done a quick test, fifteen minutes of HD video came to about six gigabytes so it's been downgraded for Youtube to a more manageable 300Mb.
The annoying creaking is from a popular Swedish backpack that no reviewers thought worth mentioning lol

[video=youtube_share;nvdNrrHg_N4]https://youtu.be/nvdNrrHg_N4[/video]

and here's a link to a HD screenshot
https://photos.app.goo.gl/VzkEWrdm4mnVMcqi2

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
Go pro and similar clones are addictive, especially the amount of ad ons that are available. I've got a full face diving mask with the attachment, handlebar mount, helmet mount as well as just having purchased a mount for a picatinny rail so I can attach it to my bow.

Next project is attaching it to one of my hounds when they're racing through the woods.

My wife thinks I'm a saddo, maybe some of you will too but I know there will be some who are right there with me (or have already left to google 'picatinny go pro mount' :)

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
had a look at the spec,its going for £40 on ebay...

not bad for the price

But for anyone reading this thread looking to get an action camera
I would recommend the gitup Git2, ive had one foralmost 2 years now
theyve just released the Git3 ( which has support for a secondary camera or gps module)

I bought a generic accesory set for gopro, which is compatible with most action cameras,
was on sale at amazon,RRP £50,amazon price £13, then on lightling sale for £6.50 and a £5 voucher available
that was a huge lot of accesoriesfor £1.50
i glued one of the pieces to a 59p usb light,which when plugged in to a battery pack,and attached to the camera head mount made me a headtorch

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Been playing with it for a couple of days now and whilst not brilliant it's not bad. Definitely got potential for me at least.

A full charge and a 32gig memory card will produce 2.5 hrs of reasonable quality video [has odd quirk of splitting long video recordings into 4.3GB chunks]
and tests seem to indicate running in time-lapse snapshot mode it will tick over for about 3-4hrs. Downside is the exposure time & ISO speed seems pretty slow making it prone to motion blur. This could just be down to the camera coping with the miserable overcast morning light so won't know for sure till we see sunshine in Wales again.

10 second time lapse test @12MP (4000 x 3000px)
Not a bimble as such just me pounding a few miles, grabbing a few sweet chestnuts and on occasion when I pause to admire the view or gasp for breath it does a passable picture.
[video=youtube_share;7UUQymU-g28]https://youtu.be/7UUQymU-g28[/video]

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
the 4.3gb is bacauseof the file size limitation on afat formated SD card
if you have the option ofloop recording,it might do it in smaller chunks, that would also result in no gaps between sections.

A power bank would also enablelonger timelapses

you willprobably find that the timelapse you did is only 1-2mb, not 12,as it would be interpolated.
especially on a video timelapse, where it is normally aseries of screenshots of the video stitched together

higher quality can be obtained by doing photo timelapses instead,and stitching them together in software afterwards

the way to test the photo for interpolation is to take a full resolution video, ie 12mp and also a lower res one, zoom in the high res and compare the pixelation

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I wondered where she'd been getting off to. :)

A7F1331F-6ABE-4DE3-9907-6E9F89265A98_zpsmqsox8hr.jpg

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Deja-Vu! I have her brother
View attachment 46447

8619D6A5-ECDF-4FBC-B618-6C91BB2E1F69_zps27lebfhc.jpg

Takers of the pee, but great characters. I've got two white ones, Snippy is 14 and losing her faculties. Mimi is 3 and an utter nutcase.

Both were last to leave, people want the black and tan type. I'd not swap mine for anything.

"Pheasant in the garden, alert alert". Silly one is Mimi.

5699C8FA-5B1F-45BE-972C-BD518390AFF9_zpsjow2pasn.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE