Did you watch the country file weather?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Got our maiden lavvu trip booked for Halloween weekend in Scotland, picked up some logs yesterday and have split them down to Helsport size today ..

P1010383P.jpg

Bring on the snow :)

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I watched it, rubbing my hands with glee :)

Not long now before the first pitter patter of tiny snowflake feet falling on the tarp. :approve:

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
I hope it snows but I bet it rains, freezes and gets foggy.

The past 3 days have been fantastic, a few more weeks of that would be great before a cold snap.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
We've a Northwood outing this weekend, my last tipi trip before it's recycled or sent on to a new home... the stove will be pumping out the kilojoules until about 3 hours after its last feed, whereon I will be chuffin' froze ;)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Brilliant! I cut up a bit of fooling we had from a halfords tent to make a nice floor , cut a v out for the entrance and stove, reinforced with some Harry black, will save up for the Proper floor and midge door next year. :) excited about getting out in it. :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Brilliant! I cut up a bit of fooling we had from a halfords tent to make a nice floor , cut a v out for the entrance and stove, reinforced with some Harry black, will save up for the Proper floor and midge door next year. :) excited about getting out in it. :D

I bought a welding blanket to put under the stove to protect the floor, with the fire grate in the low position it doesn't really get that hot underneath. I'll take it anyway though as it helps with the little clinkers falling out when refilling.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Of course all is not certain,

from met office forcasts,

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_temp.html
[h=3]UK Outlook for Friday 26 Oct 2012 to Sunday 4 Nov 2012:[/h]A cold spell of weather will extend across the UK by the weekend behind a band of rain spreading south. Over the weekend, wintry showers are likely to affect mainly northern and eastern parts of the UK, especially over high ground with some accumulations possible in the north. Elsewhere it will be brighter and drier with spells of sunshine, but it will be cold and windy with a widespread overnight frost likely. Early next week there will be a return to more unsettled conditions from the north and west, with some wet and windy periods likely. Temperatures will remain below average for the time of year with a widespread overnight frost, even in the south.
Updated: 1112 on Sun 21 Oct 2012

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE