Did Santa bring you any Bushcraft kit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Aside from my brantub gift I didnt get anything much.

I never get much for xmas (nor birthday which is on thurs for that matter) my family subsidised repairs on car, and the money I have is earmarked for that too.

But I `did` get a mobile phone (needed for work) which from the talk on here is very bushcrafty...

leon-1

New pair of Boots from Bison (thanks Neil), a Gerber Bucksaw (thanks Neil), they know who they are respectively, An Opinel No'8, a leather waterbottle, a firesteel and the pouch for the knife and Firesteel (thanks Eric) and a titanium mug made by snow peak.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
No ... But my birthday is in March :D
On the other hand, Santa was a bit early this year with the AW knife :naughty: Moved house last summer, so needed some new things for the house (lamp, etc. - quite useful you know ;)) so got that instead.

And I was surrounded by loved ones, so that's worth something aswell, isn't it? :grouphug: :240: :tongue-ti ;)

SowthEfrikan

Tenderfoot
Jul 9, 2006
Texas, USA
Emotion Charger kayak, paddle, seat, leg straps. Hiking new ti stove, ti pot, 2 platypus, 2 packages of Just the Cheese (yum-yum), 2 stormproof notebooks. Gifted to myself a Contrail Tarptent. To stay in touch with my feminine side, hubby also delivered a gorgeous long chocolate wool coat that will definitely not be used hiking. Ever. He wanted a rifle that would stop a bear and now has it. :rolleyes: All in all, the loot this year was great.

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
No ... But my birthday is in March

Mine too :D

Well, I didn't get any bushcraft kit from Santa because he got me a nice new laptop computer instead. It's good for university and all that, 'coz my old one was erm...dying. See, I wrote Santa a really big letter and said "Make me a new computer, it's a good investment in my education". Hehehe! Poor guy fell for it hook line and sinker!

Oh, and I got drunk too. Then again, who didn't?

Adam

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
janiepopps said:
25 apple trees planted somewhere in Africa.....

Nice...... :D

j :rolleyes:
We got a similar gift from one of our sons. It appears that we now have a pair of corragated iron loos somewhere in Africa. I suspect this is to go along with the goat in Africa he gave us last year! :)

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
The simple answer is no, Zam, he bloody well didn’t (this is probably a good thing because I’m very particular about my choice of kit etc)! But on the upside, two British Army Goloks should be arriving anytime soon, and I further redressed the imbalance, by ordering a consignment of MoD 24 hour ration packs, and a second Nanok cold weather suit <bliss>

Best regards,
Paul.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I got two lighters (a Primus and a Cape Union Hyper Flame) a Eurohike survival kit from across the pond which is actually excellent. A torch, a nest of billy cans and my favourite - a portable grill called a 'Grilliput' which packs down into a narrow tube but can be constructed to erect self supported over the embers. Also received a SFA from one of my suppliers as a 'please keep doing business with us in 2007' gift ;)

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Nothing much bushcrafty except the excellent axe from Bigman in the BCUK brantub. I got a nice wool cycling jersey collectively from my family and the book "The trees that made Britain" from my mum and dad, bless 'em :) .

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
I got a few things from alpkit slim airic, head torch and titanium mug, all from my mum in law, not bad eh.
Anyone know what titanium is like for cooking in? not tried it yet.

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
SWMBO got me some nice bits from group buys here but after months of losing bids I picked up three trangias for under £55 (inc P&P) on e-bay all in one day!!

Two of them are going to my Explorer Unit but one is staying right here and for £17 plus half hour scrubbing with a brillo pad I have a pretty handy bit of kit :)

I also had a few quid cash which will probably go towards a Non-stick frying pan for it :p

mrostov

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Texas
About the main bush gear I got from someone else as a present was a new collapsible fishing rod for backpacking.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
I did rather well from Mr S. I got a new Basha, a buff and a Japanese water stone set! Oh I'm so getting a season ticket for Accident and emergency this year! :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE