Dehydrated toothpaste

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GadgetUK437

Forager
Aug 8, 2010
North Devon
Easy enough to make your own toothpaste tablets.
Squirt short lengths of toothpaste (the amount you usually use per brushing) onto a small sheet of aluminium foil, keep 'em reasonably spread out.
Put them on a radiator or in the airing cupboard for a few days/weeks until they go hard
Pop them off the foil and chuck them in a ziplock bag with a bit of baking soda to stop them sticking together

I have a big bag of them and just take as many as I need for a trip.
They need a bit of chewing to rehydrate, but work well enough.
Note - not all toothpastes will work, gel ones won't dry out, standard Colgate works fine.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Easy enough to make your own toothpaste tablets.
Squirt short lengths of toothpaste (the amount you usually use per brushing) onto a small sheet of aluminium foil, keep 'em reasonably spread out.
Put them on a radiator or in the airing cupboard for a few days/weeks until they go hard
Pop them off the foil and chuck them in a ziplock bag with a bit of baking soda to stop them sticking together

I have a big bag of them and just take as many as I need for a trip.
They need a bit of chewing to rehydrate, but work well enough.
Note - not all toothpastes will work, gel ones won't dry out, standard Colgate works fine.[/QUOT

Last edited:

MountainGoat

Tenderfoot
Nov 1, 2016
Scotland
Don't use toothpaste at all.

Something I learned when out in the Middle East was to use Miswak.

It's a stick that can be used for cleaning the teeth. Tastes minty, does a great job of cleaning. Almost like a scale & polish, as well as a clean.

....Answers the question of why many Arabs have shiny white teeth.

You'll find it on amazon etc.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Use "tooth-powder." That's what we had when I was a kid ( so it can't be ALL that long ago.) Lyon's Tooth Powder.
Maybe a tsp in the palm of one hand, dip the wet toothbrush into it and brush teeth. Wash hands. Done.

JamPan

Forager
Jun 8, 2017
Yorkshire
I made some toothpaste once from Kaolin clay, vegetable oil and peppermint essential oil. Worked okay, though the vegetable oil took a bit more washing out of the toothbrush.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE