Deep sea fishing and Bushcraft weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Ooops ! forgot about this. :eek: Yep.... I'll still be happy to arrange this. Probably be looking at later in the year though, probably autumn. As soon as I've got a date I'll let you all know, but Exmouth and colin dukes will be the venue and skipper. As I mentioned before Colin is an excellent skipper and if it ain't broke don't fix it

Arvensis. I've found if you're trying to arrange something it's best to determine the place/date and people will come along if there interested or they won't. When you start getting people suggesting different places and dates etc it starts to get messy and a bit of a carry on to arrange things. If you're up for arranging some fishing down Dorset way, I'd probably be interested too depending on date time of course. Bite the bullet set a time and date and see who's interested.

Cheers

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
OK chaps and chapesses. I had this reply from Colin

Hi Nick
The first Sunday I have available is the 26th, August or the 3rd. Sept.
Give me a call if you would like to book one of them.
The cost for the day is £480 to 50 miles off and we take 10.
Also available is the 10th, Sept for Bassing to 25 miles at 400 for the day.
Many thanks
Colin
Smuggler5

Bassing would be a good one to go on. It's slightly cheaper and bassing is excellent fun. Also going out 25 miles will be less travel time which means more fishing time. This will work out at £40 each plus rod hire and maybe bait, so if you allow say £50 that should do it. We'll need 10 people to come along. If it's less we'll have to split the extra between us. Colin will need a deposit. If the weather is bad it will be cancelled as it will be too dangerous and we'll be offered an alternative date.

I'll be going and so will my son, so that's 2 for a definate kick off.
Have a careful think about this, and if you want to come along please make it definate. If you cancel at the last minute the rest will have to pay your share of the fee as Colin will need his fee even if only one person turns up. It's his living and a boat costs money to run.

I'm going to have a few days in Widecombe prior to the fishing, and return home directly after the fishing to get those Bass in the freezer !!! :D . Excellent fun, I can't wait

Any questions give me a shout. Take a look at Colins site. this should answer most questions http://www.britishcongerclub.org.uk/charterboatfeatures/CBFEATUREDUKES.htm

Let me know what you think ?

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
Didn't read all of the post ( a habit of mine ) I suggest a large non refundable deposit up front for those going, I have organised a few trips from work and its a real pain sorting things out when people drop out

Ian

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
That's a good idea elma. It sounds a little harsh maybe but I've also arranged fishing trips and had people drop out at the last minute and it's not fair on the others who have to shell out to make up the charter fee. That's why I said think very carefully before you decide. If you want to bring family members or other work friends (ie non BCUK members that's fine.) the main thing is we fill the boat (10 people) I promise you it's enormous fun, and £40 is very reasonable indeed for a day out on a boat. Bass are around £4 - £6 per pound to buy in a shop, so a couple of 8lb er's will more than pay for your trip in value of fish.

Nice one elma, that's 3 of us then. I need to let Colin know as soon as possible if we want to book so if anyone else can let me know if you want to book a place asap that would be great.

Cheers

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
I'm up for bassing on the 10th! I see that's a sunday, are we making at weekend of it? It's a 200 Mile trip for me, so I'd rather come down Saturday and be bright for Sunday... :You_Rock_

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
weekend_warrior said:
I'm up for bassing on the 10th! I see that's a sunday, are we making at weekend of it? It's a 200 Mile trip for me, so I'd rather come down Saturday and be bright for Sunday... :You_Rock_

It's about the same for me from Oxford. As mentioned at the beginning of the thread I'm going to Widecombe on the friday (8th) and have a day and a half on Dartmoor Friday half day and all day saturday, fish on the sunday and return straight after. It'd be nice to have some company on Dartmoor if people want to come along. If not see you at Exmouth docks on the sunday morning. When I've confirmed with colin we're coming I'll let you know what time to be there. I should imagine around 8am

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Hi Nick,
Sorry for the delay in response but i have been in France for the weekend.

I'm definately up for coming down for the fishing and for Dartmoor too as its too far for me for just the Sunday. So put my name down for the boat trip please. If you need a deposit just let me know when, how much and yopur preferred method of payment ;)

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Great stuff. looks like the trip is on then. -

I must mention again that we must call Colin the night before Saturday 9th. He listens to the radio 4 shipping forcast on saturday evening and if in his judgement it is too rough/dangerous to go out then we won't go. His is the final decision. In the event of this happening we will be offered an alternative date or the option for a refund. We all know as Bushcrafters what the weather can do, and being out in a boat in very rough seas is not fun, besides being dangerous.

I'll confirm to colin that we're booking for bassing on the 10th of September then.
I'll need to send him a deposit so can anyone who's said they're coming along send me a cheque for £20. This will be half your fee, with £20 to pay on the day, plus any rod hire/ bait Maximum £10. but I guess around £5 - £6. I can supply/loan trace tackle and we'll be using flying collar rigs if you want to get the tackle yourselves. I'll make some up before we set off, so we can get stuck in to the fish straight away :D

I'll send Colin a cheaque from me I expect he'll need £100 and this will book us the boat.
There are 5 places left now then so if anyone else wants to come along let me know asap and send me a cheque for £20. This will be your deposit and will be non refundable as I've already explained, if you don't turn up the rest of us will have to pay your share.

So far we've got 5 personages

Elma - Weekend Warrior - Andyn - James (my son) and 'Moi'

We don't have to do it, but usually we all put a £5er in the kitty and whoever gets the best specimen of the day gets the dosh. £5 x 10 = £50 = free days fishing + biggest fish of the day + biggest smuggest grin, much to the annoyance of the rest of us. :cussing: Just because you havn't fished before dosn't by any means, mean you won't get the best fish. My son won it on his first trip with a fine conger eel. It just adds an extra bit of fun to the day. Anyway we'll talk about on the day and if everyone is up for it we'll do it :)

Cheers and any questions just ask

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
OK, I confirmed with Colin and had this reply.

Hi Nick
OK I will book you in for the 10th. Sept.
If you could send me £100 deposit I will confirm the date and send you a receipt. Your gear ie flying collar rigs etc. should be fine. I will get some live sand eels if available
Many Thanks
Colin
Smuggler5

If everyone could send me their £20 asap please that would be appreciated then I'll send Colin a cheque from myself for £100

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE