decorum hot cakes. (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I had a thought a while back (and yes it's taken some time to recover:p).
I wondered whether I could make a slightly bigger version of the Hot Cake and came up with this (as yet untested!).

Made exactly the same way as the original but stuffed into a toilet roll tube.
And yes I do have an updated name for it; but as this is a family orientated site I've omitted it :cool:

From the top.
s2020002ata5.jpg

From underneath: the red disk is a tea-light held in place by wax.

s2020003azh9.jpg

And copying oetzi's egg-box idea

s2020007asr9.jpg

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
Yep i did a little different on one sawdust newspaper the other sawdust newspaper bess wax the last sawdust sugar bees wax. Put in blander with water then press all the water out the press is on the right a c clamp and a washer with holes to let water out as you press.The bess wax was done on a food scrapper

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi oops,

Looks like an interesting project. How long did you need to keep the compression on to keep them compact? What were the drying and burning times? Was there any noticable difference in heat output between the three 'recipes'?

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
I just kept compressing till it take no more.I dry them one day in the sun. I tryed once in the oven the wax melted no good that way.They all burn ok only thing need a little alcohol to get it started i think i will put some cotton in the middle next time. Burn time been long time forgot lots soot but not any more then wood

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE