Decent sub-£50 35-45 litre pack for use as flight carry on luggage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Garnett

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
London, UK
Trying to decide on a good pack to take on holiday to make the most of my carry-on luggage allowance.

Dimensions allowed: 56cmx45cmx25cm

This seems to equate (judging by the out-of-my-price-range bags made exactly to fit) to approx 40l

So I'm after a sub-£50 35-45 litre pack with tough fabric (as opposed to lightweight) - and I'd rather it didn't look too military.

I've been looking at:-

The Berghaus Munro - tough fabric, possibly a bit too basic back system

Berghaus Arete - looks good, decent tough fabric, better back than the Munro, possibly a bit too tall-and-thin

Lowe Alpine Crag Attack - good shape, I'd prefer to have a single buckle to close the lid though...

Any others I should look at? Any bargains or clearance offers I should check out?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Garnett

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
London, UK

Garnett

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
London, UK
Gah! The Lichfield's been vetoed - too "old school" apparently. SWMBO is having none of it.

I love the thin shoulder straps and the overall design of the Forclaz 37 Ultralight:

asset_11764420.jpg

But I'm dubious about the durability of the ultralight material, and the zip opening down the middle.

If there was a pack like that without the zip, in a tougher fabric...

dozzer

Forager
Jun 24, 2010
dundee
hi, i have the crag attack 40 and its really good i think! not too bulky and not too small its perfect for traveling.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE