Decent field jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
If it's just for the woods, have a look at the Austrian army version, not a beauty but good.. Exists in Goretex too, this looks better.

Both they currently throw behind you.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Anyone seen any nice examples
Preferably black or dark brown
A nice M65 nice jacket, I’ve two and I love em. You could have a looksee at them mad Finish boys creations over a Varuteleka too, there own designs.

Reactions: Mr Wolf

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
I've picked myself up one of these:

It's a very comfy jacket that keeps the wind and a light shower off. Given the price of it you could try and dye it black. I did make one alteration and that is to put zips on the kidney pockets so they're easier to open and close.

fenix

Forager
Jul 8, 2008
Kent
If your after something slightly different, Paramo have the Halcon Traveller jacket on sale through ebay. Not cheap at £60 - £95 (depends on size), but has goods reviews and looks useful with plenty of pockets, its designed to be silent, and is aimed at photographers.

Reactions: SCOMAN and nigelp

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
I use one of these with the velcro cut off;

If you mean a proper waterproof then either a paramo or keela belay jacket.

Reactions: CLEM

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
If your after something slightly different, Paramo have the Halcon Traveller jacket on sale through ebay. Not cheap at £60 - £95 (depends on size), but has goods reviews and looks useful with plenty of pockets, its designed to be silent, and is aimed at photographers.
I have a grey one. Nice bit of kit, loads of storage.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Aye pretty robust. I wouldn't want to go into the jungle with it full of 'wait a while' vines but aye it's pretty good. I can take any pics you want this weekend. The pocket capacity is phenomenal and the two side zips are very convenient if you've the jacket zipped up but are carrying pouches or a knife on your hip.

Reactions: Billy-o

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I've picked myself up one of these:

It's a very comfy jacket that keeps the wind and a light shower off. Given the price of it you could try and dye it black. I did make one alteration and that is to put zips on the kidney pockets so they're easier to open and close.
Those are a great looking jacket

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
I think 'Aye pretty robust' says it all :) I think I'll be adding it back to the list of things to get. I just looked at the promo materials again. I have been fussing between a mackinaw wool vest and this Paramo as a pockety jacket ... but they are apples and pears really

Dec 9, 2014
North Wales
As a waterproof, windproof or just pushing-through-branches?

The Helikon Woodsman anorak is a surprisingly good for the last two, and OK as the former if waxed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE